Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Depression Support Center Depression Support Center

Abusive husband :(

Posted by on Sep. 7, 2013 at 1:50 AM
  • 5 Replies
So I got wise to it around the time I found out I was pregnant feb. 2010.. My husband of 1 yr. Was addicted to opiate pain meds and xanax. I do not support it at all and since I got wise to it he has been abusing on and off since then.. more on than off. Not long after our daughter was born he started abusing me when high on xanax especially when I would try to take them from him. Around our daughters 2nd birthday we sepetated for 6a months and he supposedly got clean.. but when I let him move back in I found out he had started drinking instead of drugs. This affected him the same as xanax .. made him irritable and physically abuse me. After a couple months I got him to stop drinking. Now I found out when he stopped drinking he started back with the pills. He hid it well for a while but when I found out we decided he should go to a substance abuse/mental health rehab. He says he wants to get clean and do right but I don't know if I believe him. I told him when he gets out this is his last chance to do right.. but im so torn bc our daughter loves him to death and I do too but I don't wanna go back and forth with him like this and waste my life away. Btw Im 21 and we got married when I was 17 and he is 26

If there's any errors srry I typed all this on my mobile
by on Sep. 7, 2013 at 1:50 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
wac324
by on Sep. 7, 2013 at 2:27 AM
I know its horrible but a little piece of me hopes he will change but looking at the past im very doubtful. Another part of me is scared to leave because before when we separated I would drop our daughter off with him at his aunts for the weekend and recently I found out from him one time when I dropped her off and he took her inside to his aunt I drove him to the store and he said he was planning to kill me that day and just leave me there in my car and get someone to pick him up and just wait for the police to arrest him. So knowing that now and the abuse im not sure what might happen if he's high or drunk. I guess he kinda feels if he can't have me he rather one of us be dead.
zboys
by Gold Member on Sep. 7, 2013 at 6:15 AM

That's gotta be hard.  HUGS

lyrick24
by Ruby Member on Sep. 7, 2013 at 1:19 PM

you are gracious for giving him another chance. im not sure i would do that. i know all about drug addiction. my daughter is in the bed right now in withdrawal. she has been abusibg pain pills and klonopin. she has been kicked out of two rehabs and i now have custody of her sons. she lost them a year ago. she is starting another rehab in a few weeks but she gets abusive also when she is high. if she doesnt come clean this time i am washing my hands of her. that is what you should do with your husband. 

wac324
by on Sep. 7, 2013 at 3:49 PM
Yes defiantly no one can continue putting up with an addict and waste their happiness in life away. I know its a "disease" but if they really want to get clean and stay clean there is counseling they can go to and continue with as long as they need it even with no insurance. I've realized that and I know that's what it will take and if he doesn't go the distance to stay clean im not going the distance for him.

Quoting lyrick24:

you are gracious for giving him another chance. im not sure i would do that. i know all about drug addiction. my daughter is in the bed right now in withdrawal. she has been abusibg pain pills and klonopin. she has been kicked out of two rehabs and i now have custody of her sons. she lost them a year ago. she is starting another rehab in a few weeks but she gets abusive also when she is high. if she doesnt come clean this time i am washing my hands of her. that is what you should do with your husband. 

Apgsteenmommy
by on Sep. 7, 2013 at 3:52 PM
1 mom liked this
I'm so sorry:( hugs! I'm here for u and praying.... I've been through similar things :( I know it's not easy but everything will be ok in the end
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)