Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Depression Support Center Depression Support Center

Have you ever been happy and a little depressed at the same time?

Posted by on Sep. 8, 2013 at 12:30 AM
  • 11 Replies

I know it doesn't seem possible but I am..I'm happy but I can feel that tiny bit of depression deep within..It's sounds crazy but it's true like it's trying to suck me back in...

by on Sep. 8, 2013 at 12:30 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
lexismom90
by Bronze Member on Sep. 8, 2013 at 1:00 AM
1 mom liked this
I have felt that way before. Usually I am really happy but then somehow within the happiness there is some depression. For me it eventually "sucks me back in" and it takes a little for me to get back out. I look at it like this. Depression is like asthma. I will always have it and it will always be there, but I won't always have problems with it. I won't always have an asthma attack but I could at any time. I will have problems with my depression and it will get the best of me, by I can do things to make it better and prevent it and keep it away as long as possible. Same with my asthma.
mrscamplan
by on Sep. 8, 2013 at 3:27 AM
1 mom liked this

I feel the same way. And it happens to me all the time. I try to deal with it the best I can but then i end up getting bad and i get crazy with my DF and im all like up his ass and whatnot, lol i know i need to stop doing that though, i just dont know how. If you ever need to talk feel free to message me!

Lindsay
bahamamama61
by on Sep. 8, 2013 at 7:15 AM
1 mom liked this
Yes, I feel that way all the time:/
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
matreshka
by Ruby Member on Sep. 8, 2013 at 7:56 AM
1 mom liked this

Yes I feel that way right now. I feel okay but then when my mind wanders it wanders towards depressive thoughts. Its like I have to fight to keep the depression away.

elwalters77
by Erica on Sep. 8, 2013 at 8:38 AM
1 mom liked this
Yup
lyrick24
by Ruby Member on Sep. 8, 2013 at 9:29 AM
1 mom liked this

i usually go see my dr when i start feeling that way so it wont sneak back up on me.

cupcake_mom
by on Sep. 8, 2013 at 9:31 AM
2 moms liked this
I'm like this most days
deltathree
by Gold Member on Sep. 8, 2013 at 11:54 AM
1 mom liked this

Doesn't sound crazy.  I understand.  Hugs. 

lucy164
by Platinum Member on Sep. 9, 2013 at 5:16 AM
1 mom liked this

When you start to feel the depression creep in a little, stop, think of all the wonderful things you have in your life.

Another idea is ask your doctor about Abilify which gives the antidepressant a boost.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Sep. 9, 2013 at 8:57 AM
1 mom liked this
I feel like that a lot too
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)