Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

EVERYONE seems to make it worse?

Posted by on Sep. 8, 2013 at 1:42 PM
  • 4 Replies

Hi again all,

In consideration to the last post I made.. I've been able to hear from the FTB and he's now put me on his visitation but also brought back my stress even whie he's locked up.. He wants to live here with my side of the famiy with me and the baby but threatens if it doesn't work out that way that he'll fight for custody. I've tried to speak to my mother, owner of the house, and try to convince her to give him a try or to let him see the baby when I go back to work but that doesn't seem like it'll happen.. She's SUPER STUBBORN. But I don't blame her on how she feels about the subject.. He's broken our trust and taken things many times in the past (hasn't even been a year yet..) and now he hopes they'll just let him back in.

Of course as a new mom and a hopeful person, I always wish for that big change in the man I love and FTB of our son. But realistically, I need to do what's best for both my health and our baby. I was thinking he live with his folks until he can really get back up on his feet and show us that he's really changed but he's so against it. What am I to do when both sides are against everything?

I do have support here at home. And they calm me down when I'm upset. But when I talk about him. Omg especially when he tells me things like it's over, then calls the next day saying he'll try 100 times before we end our relationship because he oves me and I'm the MTB of his chid. Ugh, I think I'm just over thinking today. But I'll be okay.. Maybe I just needed a rant too..

by on Sep. 8, 2013 at 1:42 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
lyrick24
by Ruby Member on Sep. 8, 2013 at 2:08 PM

i think since he is so indecisive you should let him live with his folks until he proves to you he can stand on his own two feet.

Crescent9109
by Member on Sep. 8, 2013 at 10:54 PM

I tried pitching that idea to him. He wants to give up if that'll be what he has to do. But through his answer I'm seeing even more now that it just won't work withh us. Every obstacle he wants to quit. Claims he's changed and yet says being so far (same county just a little drive) that it's pointless because I won't be on his mind like I should and he won't come all the way here to see the baby. That just goes to show, with that midset, he's not wiling to try.

lucy164
by Peggy on Sep. 9, 2013 at 4:36 AM
1 mom liked this

I can't see a judge giving custody of a baby to an ex con.  I don't blame your mom at all for not allowing a thief to live in her house.

This man is playing games with you, telling you that it's over and then calling and wanting you back.  This is not how you treat someone you love.

concentrate on the baby's welfare and your supportive family.  Forget about that loser.

leahbeah143
by Leah on Sep. 10, 2013 at 11:50 AM
2 moms liked this

Quoting lucy164:

I can't see a judge giving custody of a baby to an ex con.  I don't blame your mom at all for not allowing a thief to live in her house.

This man is playing games with you, telling you that it's over and then calling and wanting you back.  This is not how you treat someone you love.

concentrate on the baby's welfare and your supportive family.  Forget about that loser.

my thoughts exactly!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)