Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Depression Support Center Depression Support Center

New here as well

Posted by on Sep. 15, 2013 at 10:04 PM
  • 8 Replies

Hello, my name is Carrie and I am new to the group and Cafemom.  I have recently been oficially diagnosed with Major Depression, Mood Disorder, and ADHD (although I have been on meds for depression for 13 years).  I have 3 children, all boys - the oldest is 7 and my twins are 3 1/2.  I recently just went through a very difficult depressive period and although I am feeling better I am happy to have found this group.  I have been looking for somewhere to find support.  My husband is awesome, but sometimes it is hard to talk to someone who has not felt what I feel.  I am working on getting medicated for the ADHD which I think should help a lot, however my blood pressure is too high.  The dr. won't let me start it until it comes down :(  Knowing that this goes way back into my family history, I also worry about my boys, specifically my oldest who shows similiar personality traits that I have and had as a child. 

Also, having these issues and going through pregnancy and being a mom is not easy.  I am also happy to be here as a support for other moms who need a listening ear.

by on Sep. 15, 2013 at 10:04 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
krystaldawn_21
by on Sep. 15, 2013 at 11:23 PM
Welcome to the group. These ladies are very nice and always helpful. They have always been very inviting and very nice to me and I know they will with you!
zboys
by Gold Member on Sep. 15, 2013 at 11:28 PM

Welcome, Carrie.  : )  I have three boys, too, but they are all grown now.  When are you due?

rhodaj
by rho on Sep. 16, 2013 at 11:13 AM

Welcome to the group Carrie. I am Rho. Hope to see you in the group a lot. To chat.

leahbeah143
by Leah on Sep. 16, 2013 at 11:15 AM

welcome!

lucy164
by Peggy on Sep. 16, 2013 at 11:21 AM

That's what we are here for.  I also suffer from ADHD,  depression and anxiety.  So do most of the moms onwelcome to cafemom here, so you will get plenty of support..  Keep posting so we will get to know you.

lyrick24
by Ruby Member on Sep. 16, 2013 at 12:22 PM

are they giving you something for your blood pressure and trying to get it down that way? i used to take something for adhd and found out i was tachacardic and had to quit taking it because it was a stimulant. my head was clearer then than it has ever been. i hope your pressure comes down and you can get on something for your adhd.

nachomom85
by on Sep. 16, 2013 at 5:19 PM

Hey Carrie!  My name is Kelly and I too suffer from depression.  I just started taking meds and I hate them.  I feel dizzy and anxious and sometimes I feel like my husband is looking at me like I am from space.  There is that awesome cycle of guilt that comes with depression.   Just wanted to say hi, and feel free to chat with me anytime.  I like the company. 

matreshka
by Ruby Member on Sep. 16, 2013 at 7:33 PM

Hi! Welcome to the group!  I too worry about my kids. My oldest son who will be 9 next week is very sensitive, much the way I was, and still am. My youngest, who is 3 has these out of control temper tantrums that make me wonder if they are normal or not.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN