Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Depression Support Center Depression Support Center

I think my depression is coming back.

Posted by on Sep. 15, 2013 at 10:30 PM
  • 15 Replies

I think my new second job is the reason too. I dread going in and its only part-time like 2-3 days a week with 8 4-6 hours a day. I got it to have some extra money and it was supposed to be a temporary job but they like me so they are keeping me and I hate it. I could quit but the extra money is nice to have. I'm thinking about quitting though and doing something at home like making cupcakes and cookies and selling them as well as making diaper cakes and cupcakes. Anyways, I have to go to work tomorrow and I am feeling depressed about it and I can't sleep. I haven't been feeling great the past few weeks anyways. I have been doing a lot of walking and it was helping but now it doesn't. I just think of more stuff that's going on and that has gone on and I cry. I cry for no reason. I'm tired of crying and I want to be happy. ugh well I guess this was more of a vent. Thanks for reading. If you have any suggestions on what I can do to make myself feel better please let me know! I greatly appreciate it!!

by on Sep. 15, 2013 at 10:30 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
jcnbn
by on Sep. 15, 2013 at 11:11 PM
2 moms liked this

Sounds very familiar.  It is difficult to continue going into a job each day that you really really don't like.  When I was in that situation, I tried really hard to think of something good that I would do that day when work was over and just focus on that. 

If you have a hobby that you enjoy and can make money doing it, then maybe look into getting it started.  It will make going to your job a little easier knowing that it is just temporary and something really good will come out of it! 

I so feel what you are going through with just crying eventually for no reason and just wanting to be happy.  When I am in that place it seems like the only thing that helps is going to talk to someone.  I have tried many times to get myself out of it, but I just can't.  I can say though that focusing on one small thing each day that you will do that makes you happy helps as well as journaling. 

Good luck with your job and it will get better!  Something good will come out of it!

krystaldawn_21
by on Sep. 15, 2013 at 11:18 PM
Quoting jcnbn:

Sounds very familiar.  It is difficult to continue going into a job each day that you really really don't like.  When I was in that situation, I tried really hard to think of something good that I would do that day when work was over and just focus on that. 

If you have a hobby that you enjoy and can make money doing it, then maybe look into getting it started.  It will make going to your job a little easier knowing that it is just temporary and something really good will come out of it! 

I so feel what you are going through with just crying eventually for no reason and just wanting to be happy.  When I am in that place it seems like the only thing that helps is going to talk to someone.  I have tried many times to get myself out of it, but I just can't.  I can say though that focusing on one small thing each day that you will do that makes you happy helps as well as journaling. 

Good luck with your job and it will get better!  Something good will come out of it!

Thank you so much! My job sucks a lot. I honestly can't find any good in it other than the extra money. While I'm there though I can't stand it. I do want to work doing something but like I said just something I enjoy. I think I could make some money off of the diaper cakes and cupcakes.
Everything I used to enjoy doing like reading and writing I have a hard time doing now. I can't concentrate on it. Even walking I enjoy off and on but when I'm feeling depressed it doesn't do anything. I did talk with my friend and that helped a little. Normally my SO is here and he hugs and holds me and talks with me but he's going to be gone for two weeks.:(
zboys
by Gold Member on Sep. 15, 2013 at 11:24 PM
1 mom liked this

You have something to look forward to when he returns.  HUGS

Quoting krystaldawn_21:

Quoting jcnbn:

Thank you so much! My job sucks a lot. I honestly can't find any good in it other than the extra money. While I'm there though I can't stand it. I do want to work doing something but like I said just something I enjoy. I think I could make some money off of the diaper cakes and cupcakes.
Everything I used to enjoy doing like reading and writing I have a hard time doing now. I can't concentrate on it. Even walking I enjoy off and on but when I'm feeling depressed it doesn't do anything. I did talk with my friend and that helped a little. Normally my SO is here and he hugs and holds me and talks with me but he's going to be gone for two weeks.:(

krystaldawn_21
by on Sep. 15, 2013 at 11:27 PM
Quoting zboys:

Quoting krystaldawn_21:
Quoting jcnbn:

Yea. He always knows how to make me feel better. I just hope I can get through work for the next two weeks without quitting.:/
zboys
by Gold Member on Sep. 15, 2013 at 11:33 PM
1 mom liked this

Just take it one day at a time.  You can do it!

Quoting krystaldawn_21:

Quoting zboys:

Quoting krystaldawn_21:
Quoting jcnbn:

Yea. He always knows how to make me feel better. I just hope I can get through work for the next two weeks without quitting.:/

krystaldawn_21
by on Sep. 15, 2013 at 11:54 PM
I have been having constant nausea the past week or so. Do you think my depression could have something to do with it? It's constant and around the clock. I get relief when I'm just sitting still doing nothing.
Seashell77
by Bronze Member on Sep. 16, 2013 at 3:41 PM

When I am feeling more stressed I get nauseous  too, as well as having other symptoms, like diarrhea and sometimes it gets so bad I throw up.  It went on for a while, so I got examined by my doctor and got diagnosed with Irritable Bowel Syndrome or IBS.  It's very treatable, for there's good medications for it and you need to reduce the stress in your life. Both are good things for healthy living.  You might be suffering from IBS. If not you are certainly having a physical reaction to the stress in your life and there are good medicines for nausea that your doctor can perscribe for you. I hope you feel better.hugs

Quoting krystaldawn_21:

I have been having constant nausea the past week or so. Do you think my depression could have something to do with it? It's constant and around the clock. I get relief when I'm just sitting still doing nothing.

Alabamachick
by Member on Sep. 17, 2013 at 2:48 AM

sometimes i think a part time job could help.. yet i'd miss my niece.. she's the light of my life these days

matreshka
by Ruby Member on Sep. 17, 2013 at 8:47 AM

Depression and stress can definitely cause nausea. Can you live without the extra money? It seems like you would be better off without the stress of a second job you hate.

Quoting krystaldawn_21:

krystaldawn_21
by on Sep. 17, 2013 at 3:01 PM

Yes we can live without the extra money but then I get bored and depressed at home doing nothing. I feel like I need to find something to do. I can only clean our apartment so much. :/ I'm going to talk to one of my managers tomorrow about how I have been feeling.

Quoting matreshka:

Depression and stress can definitely cause nausea. Can you live without the extra money? It seems like you would be better off without the stress of a second job you hate.

Quoting krystaldawn_21:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN