Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Depression Support Center Depression Support Center

Sometimes

Posted by on Sep. 16, 2013 at 12:20 AM
  • 13 Replies
1 mom liked this
Sometimes we have to celebrate little victories in ourselves. No matter what it is find 1-2 things a day that are good about you and celebrate them. Sometimes it is as simple as getting out of bed even though we didn't want to. Sometimes it is laughing at ourselves. Sometimes it is just not giving up when we wanted to. Or finally telling someone how you feel. For me today it was being able to take care of my kids. I have been sick the last few days and it has made it very hard I do even basic things for myself and my family.
by on Sep. 16, 2013 at 12:20 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
gemikris82
by on Sep. 16, 2013 at 12:24 AM
1 mom liked this

this was a grear post and im going to rememvber what you said when giving advice to a peer when they are feeling down :) or for myself too! i need that reminder alot

rhodaj
by rho on Sep. 16, 2013 at 11:07 AM

This is so true.

leahbeah143
by Leah on Sep. 16, 2013 at 11:09 AM
1 mom liked this

I really have been dreading going to work lately, but I got up and did it!

matreshka
by Ruby Member on Sep. 16, 2013 at 3:28 PM

Today I was able to pick up the living room and wrote a letter to my husband talking about putting more focus on romance in our relationship.

Seashell77
by Bronze Member on Sep. 16, 2013 at 3:32 PM
1 mom liked this

What you are saying is so true about celebrating the little victories in ourselves.  I want to also congratulate you on your victory today. My child is grown now, but I remember the days when he was small and when I'd get sick and how hard it was to care for him then. Kuddos for you Mama !  you rock

la-cosa-nostra
by Member on Sep. 16, 2013 at 3:34 PM
1 mom liked this

getting out of bed and going to work, even though i realllllly didnt want to. i have lost a lot of jobs over being too depressed to get out of bed, but i finally have a job that i can actually cover all the bills, and i have been here a year and 3 months, which is the longest i have had the same job. 

lexismom90
by Bronze Member on Sep. 16, 2013 at 7:20 PM

And I have another one! I am proud of myself for being the biger person and not sending a rude message to an ex boss for being totally rude and nasty for no reason.

gonecrazi
by Silver Member on Sep. 17, 2013 at 5:32 PM

This is a good idea.

Tracys2
by Gold Member on Sep. 17, 2013 at 8:14 PM
1 mom liked this

Yes, you make a great point. Thanks for your post. That's a nice way to look at many days.

help1027
by Member on Sep. 17, 2013 at 9:53 PM
1 mom liked this

This is a good idea.  Got up and went to work.  Made the effort to blow out my hair and put on make up.  Instead of running home to crawl in bed I stopped at the store, bank and gased up the car. baby steps ladies, baby steps.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)