Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Depression Support Center Depression Support Center

No help with the baby

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 16 Replies
My boyfriend of almost 3 years is my baby's father but I still feel like a single mom. I take care of him all by myself. He pays the bills and gets him everything he needs (but lets be honest, we got 90% of the stuff we need from our baby shower) but he complains about that constantly. He doesn't even work much, doesn't have to get up early, stay out late (although he does stay our with his friends most nights until 4am) and I'm at home with the baby 24/7. He's almost 3 months old. Most of the time I can handle taking care of him all by myself, I don't really trust my boyfriend with him anyways, he has anger issues and snaps really easily. But when he's been waking me up every hour for two nights in a row, it would be nice if he could take a turn rocking him back to sleep. This morning I lost it. I hadn't slept all night. He came to bed at maybe 5am but that was HIS CHOICE. I handed him the baby and said "I can't take it anymore, please take him" "unbelievable, you've been sleeping all night" he replied. "Actually, he's been keeping me up all night" I said. The baby started to cry and he just rolled over and ignored him. "You can't rock him back to sleep, just once!?" I said. "You're f***ing crazy, what's wrong with you" he said and took the baby over to rock him for 5 minutes, then handed him back to me, still awake. WTF I'm not even asking for much help, it's not like I'm like "I did it last, it's your turn" it's "I've done it for the past 3 months, It's your turn" I just need a LITTLE help every once in a while!!!!
Posted by Anonymous on Sep. 16, 2013 at 3:01 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
matreshka
by Ruby Member on Sep. 16, 2013 at 3:15 PM
1 mom liked this

Your boyfriend sounds like he really needs to grow up (((Hugs)))

spitfire06
by on Sep. 16, 2013 at 3:19 PM
Hugs you aren't alone. Im kind of in the same boat dh is rarely home since baby came ughhh
lyrick24
by Ruby Member on Sep. 16, 2013 at 3:39 PM

unfortunately, some men are just like that. i hope as time goes on he will mature and see that he needs to help.

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Sep. 16, 2013 at 4:50 PM
Agreed, thank you

Quoting matreshka:

Your boyfriend sounds like he really needs to grow up (((Hugs)))

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Sep. 16, 2013 at 4:51 PM
Why are men like that? As if the baby isn't their responsibility as well...

Quoting spitfire06:

Hugs you aren't alone. Im kind of in the same boat dh is rarely home since baby came ughhh

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Sep. 16, 2013 at 4:51 PM
I hope so too

Quoting lyrick24:

unfortunately, some men are just like that. i hope as time goes on he will mature and see that he needs to help.

baby2013143
by on Sep. 16, 2013 at 6:00 PM

Being a first time parent is hard. I am one. I am still struggling with my role as a mom. However there are some things that shoud change like the going out till 4 in the morning with your friends. He is a dad now and that is his number one priority ( or should be). My SO doesnt help as much as I want him to. But I am in a totally different situaiton where I moved to another country to be with him. I expect him to do alot for my little girl ( more than he is doing) since I had to leave everything behind for him. Reallistically I dont think it is going to work with me being here. I have given him a chance to be in her life and that is more than many women in my situation would do. You need to put you and your baby first like I need to do. I hope you have some friends or family around to help you out. I have no family here.

spitfire06
by on Sep. 16, 2013 at 8:22 PM
Idk because my dh is working and im staying home I guess?

Quoting Anonymous:

Why are men like that? As if the baby isn't their responsibility as well...

Quoting spitfire06:

gonecrazi
by Silver Member on Sep. 17, 2013 at 5:31 PM

Sounds like it maybe time for a new boyfriend.

lucy164
by Platinum Member on Sep. 18, 2013 at 8:12 AM

Just how young is your boyfriend?.  He may be not mature enough to be a responsible parent.  It's up to you if you want to wait for him to grow up, or look around for a man who you can depend on.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)