Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Depression Support Center Depression Support Center

should i move back home?

Posted by on Sep. 16, 2013 at 8:57 PM
  • 3 Replies
Okay this is kinda hard for me. I am 24 years old be 25 in February. Well my grandma raised me all my life so she's like my mom. I kinda moved out without meaning to it just kinda happen. My grandma will be 83 October 22. Well while being moved out i got a job thinking about quitting it. I am doing a second job now so if i quit my first job it's not like i won't have a job. Well my grandma lives 30 to 45 minutes away. My first job is about 5 minutes away. My second job is about 30 minutes away from where i live now. I went and saw my grandma today and she's doing really good. She's still able to drive and walk. On my way home i started crying bc i am so close to her i feel like i am messing up by not living at home. And i kinda miss her a lot. And partly i am not happy being where i am. If i move back home i would be using a lot of gas. More then what i am using now. No one is hiring near my grandma's house. But i could save a lot more money bc i won't have as many bills to pay since most of my money goes to the guy i live to pay for his stuff. My money would go to my phone and credit card and what my grandma may need and gas. But at the same time i feel like if i move back home he wouldn't understand my reason. I love my grandma i miss her and being away from her hurts me so much. What do i do??
by on Sep. 16, 2013 at 8:57 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-3):
BellaBlue92
by on Sep. 16, 2013 at 9:01 PM
I think you should move back home if its affecting you this much, she's getting older and you don't want to regret not moving back home with her once she's gone. If the guy you live with can't understand that, you don't need people like that in your life anyways.
kitshanta2
by on Sep. 16, 2013 at 9:05 PM
I been crying ever since i left. And when she dies idk how i am gonna survive without her it hurts so much. I thank god everyday to give me someone to be so close to.
leahbeah143
by Leah on Sep. 17, 2013 at 11:03 AM

I think if you're more comfortable being with your grandma, go for it!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN