Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Depression Support Center Depression Support Center

I don't handle being alone well at all...

Posted by on Sep. 20, 2013 at 8:13 PM
  • 11 Replies

Ok, I will not admit it to my friends, but I just don't handle being alone very well.  I jump from one relationship to another pretty quickly.  I enjoy sharing my life, doing things with a man, and having someone to take care of.  I am a caregiver by nature and I can't change that. Anyone out there do the same thing??

by on Sep. 20, 2013 at 8:13 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
leahbeah143
by Leah on Sep. 21, 2013 at 12:53 PM

I used to. but after my last relationship ended badly, I took a break from all that. I was able to focus on myself and my daughter. In December I met a great guy, but he's not been very supportive of my anxiety/depression lately.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Sep. 21, 2013 at 12:56 PM

Yes. I'm much better at the wife gig than the single chick gig. I feel weird and awkward unless I have a family to focus on. 

Kathy489
by Bronze Member on Sep. 21, 2013 at 12:58 PM

I'm a caregiver as long as he doesn't take advantage of me. Then he's on my shit list. Some guys take full advantage, and the more you do for them, the more they get used to it, and the crappier they treat you. Be careful of that. If a guy isn't appreciative and considerate of me in return, I'm outta there! I'll admit that it took a long time to come to that conclusion. Sometimes we settle for less just to avoid being alone, but if we wait a little longer, it might pay off by meeting a better guy who deserves us!

:-)

Alabamachick
by Member on Sep. 21, 2013 at 2:33 PM
1 mom liked this

You know I can totally agree with you 100%. I am scared of the dark I hate being alone I have panic attacks at times because i'm alone. I am 32 years old and live with my parent's because I can't handle being alone. Not the only reason my daddys in a wheel chair and my mom's had strokes. we lost my nieces parents to death and we are raising a 2 year old. she's so beautiful. it breaks my heart to think about everything she's had to go through.. at times she asks for maw and it breaks my heart...

photoleonne
by on Sep. 21, 2013 at 3:23 PM

Not me really, I grew up being home-schooled so I was often very lonely and got into the habit of being alone so much

wixychixy
by on Sep. 22, 2013 at 3:29 AM

So sorry.   *HUGS*

MommysTimeOut5
by Bronze Member on Sep. 22, 2013 at 9:06 PM

ME ALL THE WAY. Just got out of a relationship that has been on and off since 2000. I am lost without a companion.

help1027
by on Sep. 22, 2013 at 9:19 PM

WOW on and off for 13 years??  James and I were on and off again for 4, how did you handle that roller coaster for so long? Do you have kids together?? Anyway we just broke up 6 weeks ago so if you need someone to talk to feel free to message me.  Hope you are ok...

Quoting MommysTimeOut5:

ME ALL THE WAY. Just got out of a relationship that has been on and off since 2000. I am lost without a companion.

matreshka
by Ruby Member on Sep. 23, 2013 at 12:48 PM
I used to feel like that and was in a roller coaster relationship for 5 years because of it. after that ended for good I took a break from men. I'm now married and sometimes feel suffocated.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
gonecrazi
by Silver Member on Sep. 23, 2013 at 1:41 PM

I used to but then I met dh.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)