Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Depression Support Center Depression Support Center

It's over but.. I've got to do what's best for us

Posted by on Sep. 28, 2013 at 11:18 PM
  • 8 Replies

It isn't wrong to miss the one you gave your heart to. Even though they've done so much wrong.. I haven't seen him face to face since he "got out". But I do miss him. Every now and then, I'd feel strong and empowered, that I'm better off, that WE are. But now and then I do feel a bit sad, worried about him; like I miss him or at least the few good times or when he would be a person. Maybe I'm just sad about how it turned out? How we're so far when it felt like we were so close at one point. I'm just typing off a little right now. He dropped off a box of clothes and messaged me how he missed being able to talk to me and touch my belly.. Because of past lies and the unstable behaviours I'm not sure how to interpret that. He hasn't called today but up until yesterday it was nonstop calling.. I do want to answer.. Sometimes.. But I like to show that I'm strong to everyone around. I don't want him to think just because I answer, I'm going to go back to how it was before where I take it all. I can't and refuse to go through that again. And furthermore to put our baby through that? It isn't right. Wouldn't be right. I've tried to get him out of the hole he's dug himself into.. Now all I can do is pray for him.. Pray he gets better.. Pray he understands why I'm giving the cold shoulder as much as I can.. Pray that.. That he'll be okay. Safe.. Safe even though he's around so much danger and welcomes it so much like a home.

I've got to do what's best for us.

by on Sep. 28, 2013 at 11:18 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
zboys
by Gold Member on Sep. 29, 2013 at 12:15 AM

HUGS  It must be hard.

lyrick24
by Ruby Member on Sep. 29, 2013 at 5:52 AM
1 mom liked this
Hang in there huñ. It sounds like you are doing the right thing.
matreshka
by Ruby Member on Sep. 29, 2013 at 7:28 AM
I agree. its hard for a while then it gets better.

Quoting lyrick24:

Hang in there huñ. It sounds like you are doing the right thing.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
help1027
by Member on Sep. 29, 2013 at 9:52 AM
1 mom liked this

It gets earier, praying for you...

leahbeah143
by Leah on Sep. 29, 2013 at 10:11 AM

*hugs*

if he is surrounding himself with danger, you are definitely doing the rightthing!

BNC1100
by on Sep. 29, 2013 at 10:30 AM

It is normal to have these feelings sometimes. When you have ended a relationship you still mourn the loss of someone and the relationship. You know that by his past actions that the relationship was not particularly a healthy one, but it is not uncommon that you would still miss someone that you cared for and was a part of your life. Just hang in there, do what is right for you and yours. It seems like you already know the answer to that. It may also be that you didnt receive closure at the end of the relationship so you are still holding on to unresloved feelings as well.

naeemah520
by on Sep. 29, 2013 at 11:07 AM
Hello follow you heart and you will be fine I've followed mines and I'm happy I did, no regrets
Crescent9109
by on Oct. 1, 2013 at 10:59 PM

Thank you everyone. I do believe I'm doing the right thing. He recently message and called me trying to get back with me. "fix us" he says. But the way he worded it all, I know he hasn't changed and hasn't realized the wrong. He just wants me to not move on and have another man come in, and wants to go back to me being his woman. He doesn't even say my name or apologize for the threats and all else he's done wrong. I've avoided answering. I want to avoid as much contact as possible because I don't want a fight or more to come about.

But you are right, it is hard. There was no closure. I thought that's what I wanted but there's way of me having that reassuarance that I'll be safe, that we'll be safe while I get that final closure. Especially since his idea is to talk/meet up late in the night.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)