Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Depression Support Center Depression Support Center

MONEY??

Posted by on Sep. 29, 2013 at 10:02 AM
  • 17 Replies

Money...The root all evil they say and something you do not discuss, but I am going to put this question out there anyway.  Is your current financial situation and the economy in general effecting your depression? Please don't share how much you make or don't make, that is on one's biz, just if you are effected this way and if you don't mind where you live.  Curious to see if some parts of the country are effected more than others...Thanks

by on Sep. 29, 2013 at 10:02 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
leahbeah143
by Leah on Sep. 29, 2013 at 10:13 AM

my money depression is my own fault. After I broke up with a boyfriend several years ago, I had to live on credit cards. I'm trying to dig myself out of that hole now.

BNC1100
by on Sep. 29, 2013 at 10:16 AM

I live in Ohio, I am not depressed by not having money but It does make it a bit stressful at times.

lucy164
by Peggy on Sep. 29, 2013 at 10:31 AM

Love of money is the root of all evil.  I don't have much but i'm happy for what I have.  I live in MA.  I do worry about when I get on social security.

help1027
by on Sep. 29, 2013 at 10:40 AM

The reason I posed this question was because I read alot of posts where people are living with relations and are unhappy, lack of insurance, these sort of things...

lyrick24
by Ruby Member on Sep. 29, 2013 at 1:11 PM
I am living a comfortable life.I do get stressed when we have to spend so much on groceries. Ilive in VA.
gonecrazi
by Silver Member on Sep. 29, 2013 at 1:31 PM

Dh is working off shore so we could make more money

matreshka
by Ruby Member on Sep. 29, 2013 at 3:31 PM

The cost of living is skyrocketing here and my dh doesn't get paid what his labor is worth. I myself am on disability so I'm not bringing in much money. We get by but It would be nice to have some extra cash so I could feel comfortable.

WhovianMom
by on Sep. 29, 2013 at 3:43 PM

YES, we're currently financially tight on money. like i'm currently checking out at home jobs or even part time. I can't even get the thing that makes me happy --- crocheting. So i'm seriouly just down and nauseious i just don't understand.. 

~Carolyn
Sahm of Three * USMC Wife * Crocheter * Yarn Addict * Little bit of Everything 

wearymoon
by Member on Sep. 29, 2013 at 4:43 PM
I'm in Jersey. It wouldn't be as bad for me if I had support from xh. Right now all finances fall on me, mortgage, car, insurance, etc...for me and my two teens. It does get depressing sometimes but I remember that at least I have a job that provides so I keep it moving.
wixychixy
by on Sep. 29, 2013 at 7:54 PM

My financial situation and the economy in general are definitely playing a big role for me.  The biggest issue as far as financial is my ISC taxes for this year and back taxes.  I'm in Arkansas.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN