Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

It may not be depression but I certainly need someone

Posted by on Oct. 9, 2013 at 10:36 AM
  • 14 Replies
Does anyone ever feel abandoned by their friends??? I've been feeling down for the last 2 months. I have been stressing out. I'm ok on some days but then when I'm alone and I start thinking of things I start to cry uncontrollably my chest starts to hurt like I'm having a panic attack. I then start feeling silly and stupid for crying because it always seems like none of my friends are ever around anymore. It seems like when they get new friends they stop talking to me. I get jealous when they are posting on FB about who their with and where or their pictures of them out and I'm not a jealous person either. So when I finally start telling my "friends" and even new acquaintances how I feel they all say why don't we go out or I'm here for you if you want to talk but if they really are here for me why can't they call or text me? Shouldn't friends call each other? I know if one of my friends called me crying saying how upset they feel and how lonely they feel I would call them even if I can only talk for 5 minutes it still shows that I'm trying to be a good friend and that I do care about you. And then when I take them up on their offer of going out and set up a good date or time they cancel on me!!!! I just don't know what to do....? I'm a good friend. I don't talk about you behind your back when you need something I will help you to the best of my ability. I just don't get it!!!!
by on Oct. 9, 2013 at 10:36 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
spitfire06
by on Oct. 9, 2013 at 10:39 AM
1 mom liked this

hmm when my chest started hurting (hilarious story by the way Im going to tell you even though its a bit TMI)  it was my gallbladder.

ANYWAY the story, DH and I were doing it.. and then shortly after I was like OMG i think I AM HAVING A HEART attack.. we went to the ER, and they said oh no its anxiety (a couple months later I got my gallbladder removed had the same pain.. and turned yellow) but still hilarious that we did it and then I thought I was having a heart attack. We had also just moved our stuff twice from two diff apartments (we were traveling at this time)

spitfire06
by on Oct. 9, 2013 at 10:40 AM

anyway I hope that made you laugh a little :)

leahbeah143
by Leah on Oct. 9, 2013 at 10:46 AM
1 mom liked this

For the most part, my relationship with my bff has been one sided. She will go on and on about her stuff, but when I have stuff going on she doesn't have time for it. I've given up. I try to at least check in on people that I know are struggling, even if it's just a quick message to let them know I'm thinking about them.

lyrick24
by Group Admin on Oct. 9, 2013 at 10:48 AM
I only have friends online and we talk and text. I am also going to see one of them in Alabama in Feb and I am in VA. Perhaps you could find some online friends in your area. But keep trying to make friends. You will eventually some that are loyal.
deadlywhisper
by on Oct. 9, 2013 at 10:59 AM
Haha that did make me laugh! See that's the strangest part is that I only have a handful of friends. My best friend lives an hour away and is a single mom so she had to get rid of her phone for a little bit until she can afford it again lol but then my town friends that I see all the time hardly talk to me and it's like trying to get a conversation going is like trying to give a cat a bath! Then my kids are in sports and I talk to other parents but when the seasons over I don't talk to them anymore :( I know I sound so silly crying cuz I have no friends when people have real issues but I just get so lonely staying home all day with nobody to talk to.
dizzy77702
by on Oct. 9, 2013 at 11:05 AM
1 mom liked this
I'm pretty much in the same boat. I live in a military town and a couple of years ago I lost a small group of friends I had bc everyone moved away. I tryied to make new friends but it seems like I'm the only one making any effort. I have one or two people I can rely on and that's about it. Everyone else is hard to reach or doesn't seem to want to be bothered. I don't understand bc I am loyal and a good friend.
deadlywhisper
by on Oct. 9, 2013 at 11:18 AM
I know. My BFF is struggling financially and lives an hour away so I feel cut off from her:( I just hate feeling like I don't matter to people. I'm only a great friend when they need favors done!
matreshka
by on Oct. 9, 2013 at 2:30 PM
1 mom liked this

This is how I feel to my friends who live around me. it seems I have better relationships with people online.

Quoting deadlywhisper:

. I'm only a great friend when they need favors done!

rebeccab1966
by on Oct. 9, 2013 at 2:34 PM
1 mom liked this

I'm so sorry, I know how you feel.  You give alot so it would be nice to get a little in return.  People get so wrapped up in their own lives it's easy to forget how important friends are, and they need to be maintained and nourished.  Even if you have just ONE good friend, that's plenty.  I hope you feel better soon, and don't forget to do nice things for yourself when you're down in the dumps.  Hugs.

lucy164
by Peggy on Oct. 9, 2013 at 7:20 PM

BUMP!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)