Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Anger issue ; please answer

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 15 Replies
My son just turned 2 be he started to push. We were at a play date and he put his hand on a kid without hitting him or pushing bye he was probably going to do it so I was right next to him to use my words and redirect him or get his hands and remove him fr the situation . As I was talking to him a mom pulled him by his arm. I was furious as I was there and there was no need to pull him. This is the moment In which I had an outburst of anger and I told her to get her fucking hands off my child . Yes I know it is wrong and I can have an outburstike that two or three times per year . We left after that . So now what ? Anger management ? Sure .i have already called a couple of places , what about this group ? Shall I send a sorry card and explain that my son was physically abused by his father and I'm not ready to see another adult touching him ? Shall I let it go and forget about this group ?
Posted by Anonymous on Oct. 9, 2013 at 10:55 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Oct. 9, 2013 at 10:55 AM
Help
Roo1234
by on Oct. 9, 2013 at 10:58 AM

I think a note of apology could go a long way.  You don't have to give all the details about the past, but a short statement similar to what you have here could at least smoothe things over.  After that it will be up to them to decide if they want to deal with you any longer.

Roo1234
by on Oct. 9, 2013 at 10:59 AM

I guess I should add...how well do you know the other moms and have you otherwise felt comfortable in the group?

lyrick24
by Group Admin on Oct. 9, 2013 at 11:04 AM
To be honest I wouldn't want someone putting their hands on my child either. I would have probably said the same thing.
lancet98
by Bronze Member on Oct. 9, 2013 at 11:10 AM

I think it would help the other person to realize that you reacted the way you did because you have been forced to protect your child from an abusive spouse.

But I would make sure the note was very polite.

'I feel I must apologize for my reaction the other day.   I shouldn't have reacted as much as I did that day.   I guess it would be hard to understand how I felt, unless you knew that I spent many years protecting my son from my very abusive spouse.   I hope you can understand in light of this, that I am still very sensitive about anyone touching my child.   Sincerely, Jimmy's mom'.

Quoting Roo1234:

I think a note of apology could go a long way.  You don't have to give all the details about the past, but a short statement similar to what you have here could at least smoothe things over.  After that it will be up to them to decide if they want to deal with you any longer.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Oct. 9, 2013 at 12:07 PM
Sounds good

Quoting lancet98:

I think it would help the other person to realize that you reacted the way you did because you have been forced to protect your child from an abusive spouse.

But I would make sure the note was very polite.

'I feel I must apologize for my reaction the other day.   I shouldn't have reacted as much as I did that day.   I guess it would be hard to understand how I felt, unless you knew that I spent many years protecting my son from my very abusive spouse.   I hope you can understand in light of this, that I am still very sensitive about anyone touching my child.   Sincerely, Jimmy's mom'.

Quoting Roo1234:

rhodaj
by rho on Oct. 9, 2013 at 12:43 PM

You had a right for your outburst. No one has a right to grab your child. I see no reason for you to have to apolagize to her for your outburst. You don't need to explain yourself. She should be apoligizing to you for putting her hands on him.

leahbeah143
by Leah on Oct. 9, 2013 at 2:18 PM

why did this lady feel like she needed to grab onto your child? unless he was putting his self or another child in danger, I feel like it was unnecessary.

matreshka
by on Oct. 9, 2013 at 2:26 PM

I think I would have reacted the same way.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Oct. 9, 2013 at 6:33 PM
Yeah but I used the f word in front of moms and 2 year olds

Quoting matreshka:

I think I would have reacted the same way.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)