Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Parenting!

Posted by on Oct. 9, 2013 at 2:36 PM
  • 9 Replies
My daughter is pre-shool and she got dropped off at her grandmothers house today well her grandmother said my daughter by the way just turned 4 last month said "Poopie Head", well the bus aide said to her grandmother to talk to her about so she texts me and I said I'll take care of it and she goes on saying you should put hot sauce on her tongue, I don't believe that! I know some parents do but I put my kids in the corner and I told her every time she says that I'll have to put her in the corner she says clearly that ain't working! I said I'm not going to beat her if that's what u want me to do! So, every time she texts me about this I keep telling her I'll take care of it boy do I wish to say more! Nobody is going to tell me how to raise my kids! My son went thru that same thing when he was in school! Kids will be kids and she's making a big huge deal out of it and I know it's wrong she should not say that and I will talk to her about it when she gets home but I'm not going to put hot sauce on her tongue like she wants me to! Am I wrong for telling her that?
by on Oct. 9, 2013 at 2:36 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
matreshka
by on Oct. 9, 2013 at 4:29 PM
no. you are right IMO BC hot sauce can burn a child's tongue and throat. poppy head is a normal thing for a child to say and I would just have a talk with your daughter that its inappropriate language.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
lucy164
by Peggy on Oct. 10, 2013 at 8:19 AM

That is so crazy to put hot sauce on I child's tongue.  What would that teach her but my mommy is mean.  No you are right telling your grandmother that.  What if she ever decides to do that to your little girl?  She needs to know that that is unacceptable.

BNC1100
by on Oct. 10, 2013 at 8:36 AM

No your not wrong at all, When my daughter was about 4 or 5 years old I had just taken muffins out of the oven and my daughter went to reach to grab the pan. I jerked her hand back and told her "No, thats hot." My own mothers reaction. "You should have let her burn herself on the pan, that way she knows not to do it the next time." I couldnt believe that my own mom had that logic. I certainly don't always agree with my mom on parenting skills and we have gotten into fights over it as well.

Parenting has certainly changed over the generations, and we don't always do the same things our parents did to us. I have never heard of the hot sauce on the tounge, soap in the mouth yes. I have done that one myself. My SS is alot older though and said some pretty nasty stuff to a little girl so he got soap in the mouth.

A 4 year old saying "poopie head" I think only warrants a time out or corner time. "poopie head" IMO is not that serious of an issue.

leahbeah143
by Leah on Oct. 10, 2013 at 12:25 PM

I feel like there are worse things she could have said than "poopy head".

DFWmama
by on Oct. 10, 2013 at 2:45 PM

Yeah, this....I would love it if my 10 year only used poopy head....she has gotten a very bad language though. She doesn't watch anything or read anything that would make her talk like she does and I correct her and discipline so I don't know why she is so "bad"....sigh.....

Quoting leahbeah143:

I feel like there are worse things she could have said than "poopy head".

B3autiful_Hat3
by on Oct. 11, 2013 at 2:37 AM

YOU are the parent, not her. Keep doing what you're doing, you're fine. Putting hot sauce on a kid's tongue is rediculous!

marney.p
by Bronze Member on Oct. 12, 2013 at 7:06 AM

Children have died by having things like pepper put on their tongue. The women is crazy.

lyrick24
by Group Admin on Oct. 12, 2013 at 10:27 AM
I would never put hot sauce on my child's tongue. I would tell her how wrong she is. To me that is a form of abuse.
TwinkleStars918
by Member on Oct. 12, 2013 at 1:06 PM
You are right. Hot sauce is a terrible idea and I'm pretty sure it's considered child abuse. Saying poopy head is not a big deal...just keep consistently punishing her and talking to her about why she shouldn't call others that and she will get there.

My 3 year old started saying 'stupid'. He hasn't been as much lately, but he still says it
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)