Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Scared!

Posted by on Oct. 9, 2013 at 10:46 PM
  • 10 Replies
My kids came home from school and said they seen cop cars and guns over the cop cars and streets blocked off and the bus had to take a different route. Then, I hear ambulances and helicopters over head and then I turn on the news and some former police officer shot 25 shots at the federal building and it's like down the st from me! I live in town I moved here last dec. there's been 3 lock downs already at my kids schools 2 cuz kids bringing guns to school one cuz a man on the lose and it was next to the school and now this! Gosh, I'm scaried to send my 2 kids to school. Does this happen where u live? This city is know to some crime but it's getting bad here! Not to mention I work up from the federal building!
by on Oct. 9, 2013 at 10:46 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
graybealgirl
by Member on Oct. 9, 2013 at 10:47 PM
That's horrible where do you live
Letha
by on Oct. 9, 2013 at 10:49 PM
Wv

Quoting graybealgirl:

Letha
by on Oct. 9, 2013 at 10:50 PM
Sorry, wheeling WV

Quoting graybealgirl:

graybealgirl
by Member on Oct. 9, 2013 at 10:50 PM
So sorry

Quoting Letha:

Wv

Quoting graybealgirl:

lovegrandbaby
by Bronze Member on Oct. 9, 2013 at 11:36 PM

We have had more crime here near Syracuse, NY also.  We have seen an increase in murders and in child molestation.  Every day you hear of at least one person being murdered.

B3autiful_Hat3
by on Oct. 10, 2013 at 4:58 AM

HUGS

matreshka
by on Oct. 10, 2013 at 8:38 AM

that must have been so sacary for you and your children.  I live next to a city where there are murders every week it seems. Two weeks ago there were two unrelated murders on the same day.

redhotscorp61
by on Oct. 10, 2013 at 8:53 AM

That is scary.  I don't know what's going on in the world today.  You hear of more violence than ever before. 

BNC1100
by on Oct. 10, 2013 at 8:55 AM

I saw this on the news this morning. I can only imagine what you must feel. I lived in a neighborhood where 2 streets over was a stand off with police. I think it was a domestic dispute but I can't remember. I was managing and lived in a building where the fire dept and swat team had to bust in the door to one of the apartments because the GF of who lived there told the cops that the BF had kidnapped and was holding hostage some girl. News crews showed up and everything. It wasnt true. The GF was just mad at the boyfriend.

I think this stuff happens all the time everywhere sometimes it makes the news and alot of times it doesn't. I live out in a rural area now , there isn't alot of crime but there is still crime. I don't think it really matters where you live. I lived in Ky in an area that was pretty small and they shut the school down had parents pick all the kids up because there was a guy on the loose near the school who ended up killing either the sheriff or the deputy. He was on the run I cant remember for what but I think my mom said it had to do with the judge of the county having a whole marijuana feild.

This stuff is always happening no matter where you go. It is just worse worse if you live in a big city where there are tons of people, You also hear more about it if your in a big city.

leahbeah143
by Leah on Oct. 10, 2013 at 12:23 PM

that's really scary!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)