Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Depression Support Center Depression Support Center

Having a hard time!

Posted by on Oct. 21, 2013 at 10:16 AM
  • 8 Replies

I'm having a really hard as of late, I just want to crawl in a hole and hide away from the world! As some of you know I have PTSD and BPD which was caused by some stuff that happened when I was younger. At the age of 14 I was sexaully abused by my sister's boyfriend at the time, and than in 2008 I was rapped by someone who said and i thought was my friend. Well the "man" (his not a man in my book) who rapped me showed up at my work a few days ago and ever since then, I have been having a really hard time coping with anything. I never pressed charges against because I was afraid that with my past history of sexual abuse the cops wouldn't believe me, so I never saw justice be done to him. And every time I feel better and I feel like things are starting to move along nicely for me one of them shows back up and destorys everything i have worked for. I just don't know what to do anymore, I know I shouldn't let them have power over me but I just want to run and hide from them and cry my eyes. My husband has been very understanding of everything and is trying to be supportive but it doesn't always fully understand what I am going through since, he has never dealt with these kinds of things before. I'm just not sure what to do anymore.

crying

by on Oct. 21, 2013 at 10:16 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
BNC1100
by on Oct. 21, 2013 at 10:35 AM

I am sorry you have to go through this. I know it must have been hard seeing the guy at your work. Im sure that made you feel violated all over again. I am glad your husband is being supportive of you, that really goes a long way. Have you tried talking to a therapist? Are you on any meds? This might be something you need to cope with in counseling.

lyrick24
by Ruby Member on Oct. 21, 2013 at 11:13 AM
Have you ever been in counseling for this? I think it would help.
MrsKerns10
by Member on Oct. 21, 2013 at 11:16 AM

It did make me feel like I was being violated all over again. I have tried seeing a therapist but she told me that I was just fine and to get over it because its in the past! I have meds and they aren't really working right now and I have a 29 days until my appointment with my Mental Health Doctor. I just have to get through until than. I'm afraid to go see another therapist because of what has happened when I have gone and seen one. If people are going to act like that than why did they become therapist????

Quoting BNC1100:

I am sorry you have to go through this. I know it must have been hard seeing the guy at your work. Im sure that made you feel violated all over again. I am glad your husband is being supportive of you, that really goes a long way. Have you tried talking to a therapist? Are you on any meds? This might be something you need to cope with in counseling.

leahbeah143
by Leah on Oct. 21, 2013 at 11:17 AM

*hugs*

I would suggest finding counseling as well.

BNC1100
by on Oct. 21, 2013 at 11:26 AM

Well that therapist was an idiot. You cant just get over something like that. I would try calling to see if they could get you a sooner appt. If they cant 29 days can go pretty quick, my med appt is comming up on the 5th of Nov and I had to wait 3 months, for me it seems to hav gone by pretty quick even though I have been counting the days.

Quoting MrsKerns10:

It did make me feel like I was being violated all over again. I have tried seeing a therapist but she told me that I was just fine and to get over it because its in the past! I have meds and they aren't really working right now and I have a 29 days until my appointment with my Mental Health Doctor. I just have to get through until than. I'm afraid to go see another therapist because of what has happened when I have gone and seen one. If people are going to act like that than why did they become therapist????

Quoting BNC1100:

MrsKerns10
by Member on Oct. 21, 2013 at 11:54 AM

That was the sooniest she could get me in. Since I go to a low income health center they only have one for all the patients which makes it to where she is booked out months at a time. In the meantime I am still taking my meds so I don't want to just stop them and lose my mind in the process! I'm so afraid to find another therapist because of that.

Quoting BNC1100:

Well that therapist was an idiot. You cant just get over something like that. I would try calling to see if they could get you a sooner appt. If they cant 29 days can go pretty quick, my med appt is comming up on the 5th of Nov and I had to wait 3 months, for me it seems to hav gone by pretty quick even though I have been counting the days.

Quoting MrsKerns10:

Quoting BNC1100:

lucy164
by Platinum Member on Oct. 21, 2013 at 1:48 PM

I am so sorry.

B3autiful_Hat3
by on Oct. 21, 2013 at 6:07 PM

HUGS

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)