Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Depression Support Center Depression Support Center

**Update** What is WRONG with me?? Falling apart...

Posted by on Oct. 21, 2013 at 5:37 PM
  • 4 Replies

My severe fatigue has set in. I had it for 2 years, it disappeared for 6 months now for the past few days I feel it again. My period is due soon. I'm crying uncontrollably. My family hasn't seen me like this in at least 6 months.

My dr says I have Major depression/anxiety/bipolar features. I don't understand the "bipolar features" part.

I'm 46 so probably peri-menopausal.

Thank God I see my dr tomorrow. Last I saw her 3 months ago I was great. And now what happened?? I do have a lot of anxiety about an upcoming trip...dh says if I'm that freaked out, just don't go. If I feel this badly, I would not feel up to going at all....I'd be staying home while family went 12 hours away for Thanksgiving. Why can't I be normal?

**I've been reading about "crashing fatigue during perimenopause" and I'm really thinking I've got some hormonal problems going on!!! Thanks for your replies!

by on Oct. 21, 2013 at 5:37 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
matreshka
by Ruby Member on Oct. 21, 2013 at 5:54 PM
do you think part of this is PMS related? I'd bring it up with your doc.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
B3autiful_Hat3
by on Oct. 21, 2013 at 6:05 PM
1 mom liked this

I wish I was normal all the time, but I never will be. GL and HUGS!

lucy164
by Platinum Member on Oct. 21, 2013 at 7:23 PM

Why can't I be normal?  There is no normal when it comes to people.  You will probably surprise your self and have a great time on the trip.

MommysTimeOut5
by Bronze Member on Oct. 21, 2013 at 7:42 PM
It could be related to the weather. On top of my depression, I have SAD and it makes life a living hell every fall and winter. Good luck. ... take the trip, you might feel better.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)