Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Depression Support Center Depression Support Center

Something is wrong with me

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 19 Replies

I finally left the man who abused me. I am out of town salfe. But,I can't help but want to know he is safe. How he is doing,I want to see him and just be in the therapy room with him. I don't care about my own self. I took my medication so it's not that. something is wrong with me. I can't be admitted for help because I will lose my housing. I am stupid. 

Posted by Anonymous on Oct. 23, 2013 at 11:16 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Oct. 23, 2013 at 12:00 PM
3 moms liked this
Sounds like maybe you love him. It's not unusual for a person to love their abuser.

It doesn't sound like there's anything wrong with you other than maybe you need to sit down and explore this feeling of concern for him with a professional and without anyone else there.

Often times the things we "love" aren't good for us.

Hopefully you work through this and don't return yourself to an unsafe situation.
Tracys2
by Gold Member on Oct. 23, 2013 at 12:06 PM

You are not stupid. You're just a very caring person.

I hope you can find the strength to continue on and eventually be able to get help. I'm glad you're safe!

leahbeah143
by Leah on Oct. 23, 2013 at 12:40 PM
1 mom liked this

please don't think that you're stupid!

you're in a safe place now and bringing him back around would not be a good thing.

*hugs*

matreshka
by Ruby Member on Oct. 23, 2013 at 2:43 PM
1 mom liked this

Your not stupid. this is common among abused women. I know I felt the same way when I first left my abuser. It gets better and you will get stronger. And your not stupid!

B3autiful_Hat3
by on Oct. 23, 2013 at 5:11 PM

HUGS

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Oct. 23, 2013 at 5:26 PM

We are both going to the therapist tomorrow,My pyc is changing my medication,and my man is going to seek help he can't see what he is doing. Your right I figured after therpy this morning how much I loved and cared for him. he is so upset about hurting me. I am glad he is going to get help. 

Quoting Anonymous:

Sounds like maybe you love him. It's not unusual for a person to love their abuser.

It doesn't sound like there's anything wrong with you other than maybe you need to sit down and explore this feeling of concern for him with a professional and without anyone else there.

Hopefully you work through this and don't return yourself to an unsafe situation.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Oct. 23, 2013 at 5:52 PM
Good luck Hun!

Quoting Anonymous:

We are both going to the therapist tomorrow,My pyc is changing my medication,and my man is going to seek help he can't see what he is doing. Your right I figured after therpy this morning how much I loved and cared for him. he is so upset about hurting me. I am glad he is going to get help. 

Quoting Anonymous:

momwriter
by Bronze Member on Oct. 23, 2013 at 6:04 PM

This.

Quoting leahbeah143:

you're in a safe place now and bringing him back around would not be a good thing.

*hugs*

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Oct. 23, 2013 at 6:50 PM

I am ok now,I am not with him right now. we are both going to the therapist office tomorrow night. we are going to couples therapy and he will get help and medcation. 

Quoting momwriter:

This.

Quoting leahbeah143:

*hugs*

lancet98
by Bronze Member on Oct. 23, 2013 at 11:00 PM
2 moms liked this

when a person has been abused for a long time they are  affected by the same sort of psychological control - mind control or brain washing, really, as is used in cults and terrorists groups.

In that sense, it is kind of 'normal' for a person to want to have contact with their abuser.

The thing you must do, however, is stay away from him.  If you go back the abuse will just start all over again.  

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)