Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Depression Support Center Depression Support Center

Something is wrong with me

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post

I finally left the man who abused me. I am out of town salfe. But,I can't help but want to know he is safe. How he is doing,I want to see him and just be in the therapy room with him. I don't care about my own self. I took my medication so it's not that. something is wrong with me. I can't be admitted for help because I will lose my housing. I am stupid. 

Posted by Anonymous on Oct. 23, 2013 at 11:16 AM
Replies (11-19):
zboys
by Gold Member on Oct. 24, 2013 at 7:45 AM

Oh, good!

Quoting Anonymous:

I am ok now,I am not with him right now. we are both going to the therapist office tomorrow night. we are going to couples therapy and he will get help and medcation. 

Quoting momwriter:

This.

Quoting leahbeah143:

please don't think that you're stupid!

you're in a safe place now and bringing him back around would not be a good thing.

*hugs*

zboys
by Gold Member on Oct. 24, 2013 at 7:46 AM

Stay strong and stand your ground. 

BNC1100
by on Oct. 24, 2013 at 10:28 AM
1 mom liked this

This, and I also agree with everyone else too. I have been there done that myself and I dont want to tell you what to do and frankly I just dont have the energy to put forth how I feel about it right now. I want you to be safe and really think about things because abusers rarely change and alot of times they seek help just to reel you back in again. And once they got you they stop getting help etc.

Quoting lancet98:

when a person has been abused for a long time they are  affected by the same sort of psychological control - mind control or brain washing, really, as is used in cults and terrorists groups.

In that sense, it is kind of 'normal' for a person to want to have contact with their abuser.

The thing you must do, however, is stay away from him.  If you go back the abuse will just start all over again.  

happymommy1105
by Member on Oct. 24, 2013 at 4:09 PM

there is nothing wrong with you.  you are not stupid. 

i went though all these emotions when i left my abuser.  

you will get past it- be strong.

SandyLaxner
by Bronze Member on Oct. 24, 2013 at 8:03 PM
1 mom liked this

I went thru that too.  Pls stay away from him.  Nothing can make a man hit you if he loves you.  Physical abuse should be a deal breaker.  You deserve so much better!  If he hits you,he does not love you.  Best of luck hun.

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Oct. 24, 2013 at 8:54 PM

he went with me to therapy today and said he was only playing with me. what he did was chace me with a strig wrapped arounf both hands and sat on top of me. I was screaming and he jumped off me. I thought he was trying to kill me. he pleaded with me that he was only playing with me. the therapist was fine today and they are ajusting my meds next week after my migraine goes away. he also told the doctor about how my nerves are worse than before and I told him that at times I feel he is trying to kill me. my weight loss operation keeps him from being able to give me some other medication. 

Quoting SandyLaxner:

I went thru that too.  Pls stay away from him.  Nothing can make a man hit you if he loves you.  Physical abuse should be a deal breaker.  You deserve so much better!  If he hits you,he does not love you.  Best of luck hun.

melissa7283
by on Oct. 24, 2013 at 11:50 PM
((Hugs)) Your doing the right thing ! You r very
smart ! (:
fudgybuddymom
by Bronze Member on Oct. 26, 2013 at 8:08 AM

Honey,he WILL Not change, as these women have said,he is trying to "reel you back in". While his behavior might've scared him,it does not mean he will change,he will be "good" for awhile then you will see the behaviors start to creep in again,slowly at first til he really tries to kill you! Please don't go back. PS You are most def not stupid! As others are saying,what you are feeling is very normal for a woman in your situation! Take care...And listen to your professionals!

rhodaj
by rho on Oct. 27, 2013 at 2:07 AM

You are not stupid. You are worried about someone you care for. This is a normal reaction but you have to take care of yourself and need to find a therapist for yourself now to work through this,

hugs 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)