Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

New Here

Posted by on Oct. 26, 2013 at 7:55 AM
  • 11 Replies

I'm new to this group and just saying hi.  My 13 year old suffers from panic attacks and depression and it's been a difficult road.  Hope to meet some new friends who can relate.  Thanks for letting me join your group!  Claire

Follow me and my blog:

http://happymommyof3.blogspot.com/

by on Oct. 26, 2013 at 7:55 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
fudgybuddymom
by on Oct. 26, 2013 at 8:10 AM
1 mom liked this

Hi Claire! I am a 56 yr old mother to one 14 yr old girl. While she is generally a happy kid she does suffer from anger issues from time to time.I can relate because I hope she doesn't become like me,depressed & anxiety ridden! Welcome to the group & I hope to hear from you soon!

footballmom5573
by Member on Oct. 26, 2013 at 9:38 AM

welcome! there are a bunch of awesome girls here and I'm sure you will make some great friends, I sure have! this is by far the best group i'm in! Hope you enjoy it as much as I do! 

group hug

matreshka
by on Oct. 26, 2013 at 9:45 AM
when I was that age I had panic attacks. my parents enrolled me in yoga and it really helped.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
dizzy77702
by on Oct. 26, 2013 at 11:55 AM
Welcome to the group!
ashleighmama
by on Oct. 26, 2013 at 12:40 PM

Welcome to the group, I'm Ashleigh.

GarysWife1991
by on Oct. 26, 2013 at 1:43 PM

Hi everyone and thanks for the nice welcome.  I appreciate all the kind comments.  Huggggs

GarysWife1991
by on Oct. 26, 2013 at 2:34 PM

Mine has her moments when she can get very angry or nasty too, our therapist says part of it is her age and part is related to her anxiety.

Quoting fudgybuddymom:

Hi Claire! I am a 56 yr old mother to one 14 yr old girl. While she is generally a happy kid she does suffer from anger issues from time to time.I can relate because I hope she doesn't become like me,depressed & anxiety ridden! Welcome to the group & I hope to hear from you soon!

Follow me and my blog:

http://happymommyof3.blogspot.com/

lyrick24
by Group Admin on Oct. 26, 2013 at 2:53 PM
Welcome Claire. We are here to support you. I have had panic attacks since I was five but they weren't recognized until I was 17
GarysWife1991
by on Oct. 26, 2013 at 2:57 PM

Hi Lyrick, sad that it took so long to diagnose them.  Are you on any meds now?

rhodaj
by rho on Oct. 27, 2013 at 1:38 AM
1 mom liked this

Welcome to the group Claire. I hope we can help you. I just picked up some info on teens with depression and anxiety. I will get them posted for you.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)