Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Whirlwind of emotions

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 9 Replies
Yesterday was a day full of emotions. I went to work like normal, did excedingly well in sales, my husband did well too! A major change for him!

Then after work I got on facebook to see why one of my friends was not at work and i found out she had a dr apt to find out how far pregnant she was, well at the ultrasound they couldnt find anything. So they told her she lost the baby. I commented on her status that i was so sorry for her loss and that i know what pain she is going through seeing as ive lost 4 myself with no living children. I told her also that if i could be of a listening ear im here and that i wish i could give her a hug.

Then a huge relief set in, i was shocked that it even crossed my mind but now i dont have to see the reminder of i lost mine by her showing off the ultra pics or heartbeat sounds. I was supposed to be 22 weeks. Im still greiving. I know i am not over it yet. She is the type that rubbed the pregnancy in my face. I broke down at work several times because of it. I feel horrible and i am completely heartbroken for her because i know the pain. She has a beautiful son to go home to everyday.

Then after i found that out i got an email letting us know we were accepted to be foster parents! Finally my dream of being a "parent" has happened! We chose this route because i have unexplained infertility. We start classes in feb! Well i got a post on my fb status saying how dare you post such happy news after your friend lost her baby. Thats rude. I was floored, i didnt reply but i cried. This has been my dream for the last 3 years.

Anyway, its kinda a vent but seriously? My body is on such a roller coaster im not sure what today brings.
Posted by Anonymous on Oct. 26, 2013 at 12:24 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
lyrick24
by Group Admin on Oct. 26, 2013 at 3:04 PM
I'm glad everything was approved for you and your husband. I'm sure you will make fine foster parents.
zboys
by Platinum Member on Oct. 27, 2013 at 2:12 AM

Congratulations on being accepted as foster parents!!  I'm so happy for you. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Oct. 27, 2013 at 11:15 AM
Thank you, we are beyond excited and have to now get our townhome finalized.

Quoting lyrick24:

I'm glad everything was approved for you and your husband. I'm sure you will make fine foster parents.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Oct. 27, 2013 at 11:17 AM
Thank you, we are beyond excited. We have so much to do by february but yet its scary all at the same time. We dont know what age we will have. We have a huge range from newborn to age 12.

Quoting zboys:

lucy164
by Peggy on Oct. 27, 2013 at 3:43 PM
1 mom liked this

I'm happy for you for becoming a foster parent.  What a nice thing to do for a child who needs a home.

zboys
by Platinum Member on Oct. 27, 2013 at 5:45 PM

Just enjoy the ride!  I'd be interested to know what age you get as everything settles into place. 

Quoting Anonymous:

Thank you, we are beyond excited. We have so much to do by february but yet its scary all at the same time. We dont know what age we will have. We have a huge range from newborn to age 12.

Quoting zboys:

matreshka
by on Oct. 27, 2013 at 8:03 PM
congratulations!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
B3autiful_Hat3
by on Oct. 27, 2013 at 9:59 PM

HUGS

diaperstodating
by Bronze Member on Oct. 27, 2013 at 10:07 PM

Quoting zboys:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)