Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Depression Support Center Depression Support Center

tired and sleeping a lot

Posted by on Oct. 31, 2013 at 7:53 PM
  • 11 Replies

Because of all the things I have been through over the years, I realize that I am emotionally, mentally and physically burned out and drained along with my depression. I am very tired and sleep a lot. Even though I get a lot of sleep, I am still tired. I didn't realize I was going through all this and just kept drinking coffee and popping caffeine pills not knowing why neither were working. I tried to work some shifts on my prn jobs but when I worked the first one, I felt like I was going to have a break down due to the overwhelming stress. So I called out for the next day shift. Hopefully, they won't fire me. I just couldn't bring myself to go through it.

I am trying my best to keep up with everything but as soon as I get one thing done, other things are piling on top of my already overflowing plate. I hate to check the mailbox because I am afraid that there is going to be more bad news. Sigh. I wish I had help. I never imagined that my life would be like this. Oh well. I will continue to pray.

by on Oct. 31, 2013 at 7:53 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
momwriter
by Silver Member on Oct. 31, 2013 at 8:10 PM

I am super tired too. I think it's from anxiety b/c I don't think I'm really depressed. I was in a deep depression for 2 years and have been out of that for a year. My fatigue was gone over spring and summer but has returned. I'm praying too. I wish life were easier.

luvmia
by Silver Member on Oct. 31, 2013 at 8:24 PM

I have been struggling with depression off and on since childhood. I have not had a very good life but i have been trying to be happy and move on with my life. I have not been very successful. How were you able to get out of your depression? 

I look at other women's lives and they seem to have things so much easier and are so happy. I am 32 years old and I have come to the realization that it is not meant for me to be happy. shrugs.

Quoting momwriter:

I am super tired too. I think it's from anxiety b/c I don't think I'm really depressed. I was in a deep depression for 2 years and have been out of that for a year. My fatigue was gone over spring and summer but has returned. I'm praying too. I wish life were easier.

momwriter
by Silver Member on Oct. 31, 2013 at 8:38 PM

I came out of my depression with a lot of help from family and a psychiatrist who helped with meds. I've struggled with depression and anxiety since I was a teenager. Insomnia has been a big problem throughout my life. I had an abusive childhood and think everything stems from that. I have a good life now, really but my anxiety or something is wiping me out too much to enjoy it right now. I was really good over the spring and summer but went downhill again in the fall.

luvmia
by Silver Member on Oct. 31, 2013 at 10:29 PM

I am sorry that things have gone downhill again. I have no doubt in my mind that you will be back on track.

I also suffer from time to time with insomnia along with my depression. My childhood also was abusive which is when my depression started. I used to have suicidal ideations. Sigh.

If you ever want to chat, send me a message. Have a good night, lady.

Quoting momwriter:

I came out of my depression with a lot of help from family and a psychiatrist who helped with meds. I've struggled with depression and anxiety since I was a teenager. Insomnia has been a big problem throughout my life. I had an abusive childhood and think everything stems from that. I have a good life now, really but my anxiety or something is wiping me out too much to enjoy it right now. I was really good over the spring and summer but went downhill again in the fall.

lyrick24
by Ruby Member on Nov. 1, 2013 at 4:59 AM
Are you on medication? You sound like you have a lot of depression an anxiety. I would see a therapist and get a referral to a Dr.I hope you feel better soon.
luvmia
by Silver Member on Nov. 1, 2013 at 9:00 AM

Thanks.

No I am not on medication and I know I need medication. lol. My doctor gave me a referral. My PCP did not want to put me on anything. Oh well. I just have to find a good therapist who accepts medical assistance. In the meantime, I will continue to hang in there. I will survive.

Quoting lyrick24:

Are you on medication? You sound like you have a lot of depression an anxiety. I would see a therapist and get a referral to a Dr.I hope you feel better soon.

lucy164
by Peggy on Nov. 1, 2013 at 11:10 AM

I think that my medicine makes me tired.  but i have to take it anyway.

gonecrazi
by Silver Member on Nov. 1, 2013 at 4:13 PM

Ask your Dr if he can give you something to help you make it through the day. I was having problems staying awake and my Dr. put mt on Adderall for a while. It worked great.

dizzy77702
by Silver Member on Nov. 1, 2013 at 7:03 PM
I also have problems with tiredness. I think it's my Meds but I've changed to taking them at night only and this morning I could barely get out if bed. Naps don't help and neither does caffeine. I wish I had some answers for you but I wanted you to know that you aren't alone.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Nov. 1, 2013 at 7:12 PM
1 mom liked this

I am having a lot of problems with being tired all of the time...........residual from the major move to another state, which I'm still digging my way out, physically and financially. I am told I have chronic situational depression, because of the on going problems I can't get rid of. OP, I know what you mean by feeling your life has just always been rough. Mine too and sometimes I just wonder if I was meant to just have unhappiness or chronic problems. Sigh. I guess it's the depression making us look at things so gloomy. Sometimes I feel envious of others thinking they don't suffer as much or have chronic problems eatting away at them. But then when I really look, I see that most people have chronic problems and life has not been easy. Just looks that way, when you are suffering so much and doesn't seem like an end in sight. I guess that thing, "one day at a time" really helps. OP and others here going thru the same, I wish everyone including myself to have some lifting of the depression and tiredness. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)