Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

good day gone bad

Posted by on Nov. 1, 2013 at 7:14 PM
  • 12 Replies

I woke up in a really good mood and of course it didnt last long, I had motivation to clean my livingroom and give 1 of my dogs a bath (the little dog needs bathed more then the big dog) everything seemed normal, but that didnt last long at all. now i'm feeling extremely snappy, my chest feels constricted, i'm ready to go buy some zanax off the streets or something because i hate feeling like this. I have an appointment to start therapy but it isnt until the 25th of this month (that seems soooooooooooo far away) ehhhhhh i hate feeling like this, i'm trying deep breaths and its not working, my chest just feels so tight 

frustrated

by on Nov. 1, 2013 at 7:14 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
momwriter
by Bronze Member on Nov. 1, 2013 at 7:18 PM

Sorry. I wish you had some Xanax too...but don't buy it off the streets! Could your family dr see you sooner and prescribe it?

footballmom5573
by Member on Nov. 1, 2013 at 7:22 PM

I cant go to the dr, i dont have insurance, the behavoral health place i'm going is putting me on a sliding scale based on my income so my visits will only cost $15 I just cant take feeling like this and I dont think its fair to my kids, hubby or dogs for me to have such a short temper and being so snappy

Quoting momwriter:

Sorry. I wish you had some Xanax too...but don't buy it off the streets! Could your family dr see you sooner and prescribe it?

Seashell77
by Bronze Member on Nov. 1, 2013 at 7:39 PM

hugs

I know what it's like to wait long periods to see a doctor or get medical care for lack of funds. It sucks. Sorry you are going through this, but I agree with the other person who responded, to not even think seriously about street drugs. If you have tighness in the chest, just make sure to rule out a heart condition, just to be on the safe side. That symptom worries me, because you said the symptoms occured after you were doing physical household chores.

If you are experiencing pure anxiety and not heart related problems, then there are some things that may help you to feel better mean while, before you get to the clinic. What relaxes me is taking a nice hot shower or bath. Sip a hot beverage you enjoy. Take a walk with your dog(s).  Those are just a few of many things you can do to feel more relaxed. For it's important to take care of yourself and be good to yourself.

lyrick24
by Ruby Member on Nov. 1, 2013 at 8:21 PM
1 mom liked this
When my anxiety is getting to me, I put my box fan in the floor and get a blanket and a pillow and lay in cro t of the fan and letthe air blow on me until iI feel better. The air from the fan helps me with my breathing. You have to find what works for you to curb your anxiety.sometimes I just go in the bathroom and sit on the side of the tub and turn the hot water on my feet and then lotion them down. I hope you can find something to help your anxiety until you can go to four appointment.
lucy164
by Peggy on Nov. 2, 2013 at 7:22 AM

When I get really anxious, I breathe slowly through my nose and exhale through my mouth for a few minutes.  Surprisingly it really calms me down.

luvmia
by Bronze Member on Nov. 2, 2013 at 9:04 AM

Please dont sit there and suffer. If need be go the ER. They will at least give you some Ativan through an IV. I know you dont want the bill but your health is more important.

luvmia
by Bronze Member on Nov. 2, 2013 at 9:10 AM

If they know what you are going through, they will understand and forgive you. It's not your fault.

Have your tried mediation? yoga? What about watching a favorite show or movie?

Quoting footballmom5573:

I cant go to the dr, i dont have insurance, the behavoral health place i'm going is putting me on a sliding scale based on my income so my visits will only cost $15 I just cant take feeling like this and I dont think its fair to my kids, hubby or dogs for me to have such a short temper and being so snappy

Quoting momwriter:

lovegrandbaby
by Bronze Member on Nov. 2, 2013 at 9:19 AM

I find that if I am really stressed and snap at people, I go out and take a long walk.  Sometimes I put headphones on and listen to music, or just come to cafe mom and vent.

gonecrazi
by Silver Member on Nov. 2, 2013 at 10:30 AM

I hate when that happens. When it happens to me I try to take a break and think about happy stuff and deep breathes.

footballmom5573
by Member on Nov. 2, 2013 at 11:11 AM

this group is truely my outlet, you girls are awesome and help me through alot! last night I couldnt take it anymore, the kids were at each others throat, wasnt listening, I felt like they saw me as a joke when I was yelling at them so I snapped, severly yelled at my oldest (hes 8) and i think i got through to him, i was crying while i was yelling at him, when I stopped yelling at him he came over on my lap, said "i'm sorry mommy" and started crying with me, then my youngest (hes 6) he was up next, he kinda just agreed with everything I said then 5 mins after I was done he started with his attitude again (i really think he has an anger problem) I'm trying my best to do what I can to be a good mom. 

Quoting lovegrandbaby:

I find that if I am really stressed and snap at people, I go out and take a long walk.  Sometimes I put headphones on and listen to music, or just come to cafe mom and vent.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)