Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Depression Support Center Depression Support Center

OMG I'm so stressed out right now.

Posted by on Nov. 1, 2013 at 11:57 PM
  • 4 Replies

So my ex -may- be getting out of prison soon. Why am I worried? I'll explain

He is  in prison for molesting my oldest daughter. As of this past July, I got sole custody of our son as a result.

But still why am I worried?

When him and I first broke up, he skipped to a different state, where his family was. He had no clue that my daughter had opened up to a therapist about the molestation he forced her to keep quiet all that time. We scheduled a day for him to come and pick his son up so he could spend time with him, but instead he was arrested. Child protective services convinced me to get a protection from abuse order even though he was in jail. When the judge granted the pfa, he tried to kill himself and spent a month or so in the mental hospital.

Then about six months past and finally a preliminary hearing was schedualed. I had a neighbor who's brother was also in the same jail. My ex's attourney had convinced him he was only going to get probation, and when he found out this guy was my neighbors brother, he tried to find out where I had moved to from my neighbor. -Not sure how he found out I had moved.-

Well, my sister-in-law has an ex that wound up going to the same prison a few months ago. She asked him if he knew who he was and he said yes, and that my ex was trying to go to court and ask to get out on good behavior. Today I just looked at his profile and it said that he was moved for a court hearing a few days ago. Now I'm stressing out

What if he finds out where I'm living at!? What if he shows up at my doorstep!?

I dunno, maybe nothing will happen, maybe he will go on his merry way and leave us alone. But I still feel scared.

by on Nov. 1, 2013 at 11:57 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
lyrick24
by Ruby Member on Nov. 2, 2013 at 6:49 AM
I hope he leaves yo alone but call the police if he comes there and don't open the door. Get another protective order against BIM. It sure doesn't seem like he's been in there long e rough for what he done. I remember when you first posted about this.
lucy164
by Platinum Member on Nov. 2, 2013 at 7:13 AM

I agree with lyric

Serenitymom
by Bronze Member on Nov. 2, 2013 at 12:38 PM

They didn't really give him much of a sentencing because we had setteled on an agreement, my lawyer had convinced me that he didn't think it was a good idea for my daughter to testify because of her age. He still went to prision and he still has a felony charge. Sad part is, it was only for aggervatted battery, in which the county attourney didn't tell me with that charge he would not have to register as a sex offender which made me so mad when I found out. He isn't schedualed to get out until 2016, but he is trying to get out sooner. Plus the judge agreed to let him use the time he was in jail during the process included into the sentencing time, so technically he got six months taken off.sad

Quoting lyrick24:

I hope he leaves yo alone but call the police if he comes there and don't open the door. Get another protective order against BIM. It sure doesn't seem like he's been in there long e rough for what he done. I remember when you first posted about this.

B3autiful_Hat3
by on Nov. 2, 2013 at 3:42 PM

HUGS

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)