Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Depression Support Center Depression Support Center

I dont want anything to do with my kids...

Posted by on Nov. 17, 2013 at 2:42 PM
  • 18 Replies

So for the past year my kids (they are 6 & 8) have been going back to their dads telling lies about me to get me in "trouble" they will tell their dad things and thier dad indulges in their lies, like, I didnt feed them or I beat them or I choked them. they tell me when they are here that they hate me. I've been nothing but good to my kids, I take care of them the best I can and give them everything I can possibly give them, I treat them very very good. well this weekend they went too far, they went back and told their dad that my hubby touched my youngest son in his private parts. and I know for a fact that this is not true, the most hubby has been alone with them is 5 mins and that was when i ran to the store to get drinks (the store is right by my house) and they boys were playing ps3 and hubby was in the garage working on a car, when i came back hubby was still working on the car and the boys were still playing playstation. first they told their dad that he did it in the bath tub which hubby never ever once gave the boys a bath, then they told him he did it on my bed when i was at the store getting drinks. then my oldest said it didnt happen and they dont know why they said it. but my youngest is sticking to his story but keeps changing it... and i know he is lying by the way he is acting and saying it. he has lied to get his brother in trouble before and acted the same way. I'm so sick to my stomach and upset because of the severety of this...I feel like my kids just want to ruin my life and I feel like I just want to give full custody to their dad. 

by on Nov. 17, 2013 at 2:42 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
mrsary
by Member on Nov. 17, 2013 at 2:45 PM
My 8 yr old does that with my family, because they embrace it. I keep her away from them, but idk if you can keep them from their father. So sorry you are goig through that. I know how you feel!
lunyuny
by on Nov. 17, 2013 at 2:48 PM
Maybe put them in counseling? Maybe the kids are not wanting to see you and dad separated. Its something to consider...the counseling. Sorry ykur going through this
weakestchimp
by on Nov. 17, 2013 at 3:32 PM
you're thinking correctly. i don't blame you.
i cried @ your story. im sorry.
lyrick24
by Ruby Member on Nov. 17, 2013 at 3:49 PM

im so sorry. i know that puts you in an awkward situation. you dont want to give up your kids but you cant tolerate them lying to your ex. have you had a talk with them and ask them why they are doing this? if they want to see you or not? i would consider putting them in counseling.

Kathy489
by Bronze Member on Nov. 17, 2013 at 4:53 PM

This is a really tough situation. I am so sorry. Try separating your 8-yr-old for a conversation as to what is going on. Maybe he knows something about why the younger one is lying. I am sure your ex is at the other end feeding the fire, too. I don't know what he is like, or if he wants custody, but he is probably behind it.

christi34
by on Nov. 17, 2013 at 5:14 PM

My oldest three live with their dad and I haven't seen the oldest two in a year and the third one just moved out this summer. He never told me why he wanted to but I know the dad had something to do with it. 

I know it's hard. Especially when you know what is and isn't going on. Stay strong.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Nov. 17, 2013 at 5:34 PM
2 moms liked this

At that age, I would be concerned, too, that sexual abuse hasn't happened at the hands of someone else. I was a pre-school teacher for 12 years, and a child accused a teacher of molestation. The teacher was found to be not guilty, and it was discovered the child was being molested by a family member, but was afraid to tell on that person. Kids do this sometimes. I say counseling would be helpful, regardless. 

jazi1105
by Ruby Member on Nov. 17, 2013 at 5:38 PM
I would definitely seek counseling for them. Sorry you're going through this. *hugs*
lucy164
by Platinum Member on Nov. 17, 2013 at 6:21 PM
1 mom liked this

I am sorry to hear about your situation.  But I agree with the  others who suggested therapy.  My granddaughter's parents are divorced and she kind of plays games like if she is at her father's house she will say I want mommy and vice versa.

footballmom5573
by Member on Nov. 17, 2013 at 9:20 PM

me and their dad have been separated since my youngest was 6 months old so I dont understand where all of this is coming from all of the sudden...

Quoting lunyuny:

Maybe put them in counseling? Maybe the kids are not wanting to see you and dad separated. Its something to consider...the counseling. Sorry ykur going through this

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)