Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Depression Support Center Depression Support Center

I dont want anything to do with my kids...

So for the past year my kids (they are 6 & 8) have been going back to their dads telling lies about me to get me in "trouble" they will tell their dad things and thier dad indulges in their lies, like, I didnt feed them or I beat them or I choked them. they tell me when they are here that they hate me. I've been nothing but good to my kids, I take care of them the best I can and give them everything I can possibly give them, I treat them very very good. well this weekend they went too far, they went back and told their dad that my hubby touched my youngest son in his private parts. and I know for a fact that this is not true, the most hubby has been alone with them is 5 mins and that was when i ran to the store to get drinks (the store is right by my house) and they boys were playing ps3 and hubby was in the garage working on a car, when i came back hubby was still working on the car and the boys were still playing playstation. first they told their dad that he did it in the bath tub which hubby never ever once gave the boys a bath, then they told him he did it on my bed when i was at the store getting drinks. then my oldest said it didnt happen and they dont know why they said it. but my youngest is sticking to his story but keeps changing it... and i know he is lying by the way he is acting and saying it. he has lied to get his brother in trouble before and acted the same way. I'm so sick to my stomach and upset because of the severety of this...I feel like my kids just want to ruin my life and I feel like I just want to give full custody to their dad. 

by on Nov. 17, 2013 at 2:42 PM
Replies (11-18):
MSJAP2010
by Member on Nov. 18, 2013 at 10:50 AM
Oh honey, I am so sorry. Maybe try separating the kids & talking to them one on one. If you need to vent or whatever, feel free to message me
JohnnysGirl1967
by on Nov. 18, 2013 at 1:16 PM

My guess is that your ex is either the cause of this situation or plays a major role in it. Every adult involved in this needs parenting classes (including your current husband) Your boys need family counseling. As hard as this may be, try sitting down with your ex and your boys and getting to the bottom of why they feel they need to tell these stories.

luvmia
by Silver Member on Nov. 18, 2013 at 5:55 PM

(Hugs.) It sounds like your kids are acting out. Do you think that they are doing this because you and their father are no longer together? Children in this age group tend to rebel when someone new comes into the picture. My son was no exception when I married my then-husband. I strongly suggest that you get them into counseling and/or therapy to get to the root of these issues before they become WAY worse. Hang in there. I feel for you.

leahbeah143
by Leah on Nov. 18, 2013 at 8:52 PM
1 mom liked this

that makes me really sad :-( 

Do they understand how serious that telling lies like that are? How much trouble people could get in whether it happened or not? 

marney.p
by Member on Nov. 19, 2013 at 4:21 AM

COUNSELOR.

And I dont say that usually. However if your ex is manipulating them, then something needs to be done.

I would actually not take them again, until this is sorted, as this is not fair on your new husband if these are lies.

A good counselor should be able to get to the bottom of this situation.

footballmom5573
by Member on Nov. 19, 2013 at 10:37 AM

I'm not going to take them, I told their dad I'll pick them up for a lil bit to take them to lunch or something but I'm not keeping them and I expressed to him that since him and I have broken up (5 years ago) that I've been walking on eggshells when it comes to the boys and I'm afraid of disaplining them because of things that will be said to him and him coming back and yelling at me...ehhh i seriously just want to crawl in a hole and die right now, I never ever thought my kids would turn against me!

Quoting marney.p:

COUNSELOR.

And I dont say that usually. However if your ex is manipulating them, then something needs to be done.

I would actually not take them again, until this is sorted, as this is not fair on your new husband if these are lies.

A good counselor should be able to get to the bottom of this situation.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Dec. 8, 2013 at 5:58 PM
Update
footballmom5573
by Member on Dec. 9, 2013 at 5:27 PM

I've been seeing them once a week, but anytime I call to get them their dad always gives me an issue, I feel like he put my son up to this and I feel like he wants me out of the picture. I've never done anything wrong to my kids and neither has my hubby. If their dad thought it was true about my hubby then he would of called the police or something, he wouldnt just let it go. And now I think the kids dad is turning them against me, he told me my youngest is scared to death of me because I think hes a liar...I never told him that...so you can only guess where that came from. I'm struggling every day with the pain of loosing my kids, I feel like I'm loosing them slowly. I've been thinking alot about cutting and self harm (not suicide) I feel like i need to release the pain that is inside me. I hate myself more and more each day. I've failed as a mother and that was my biggest fear ever. their dad made sure to make that happen, he wont allow me to be a mother and is turning my babies against me, making me a bad person, I cant live with that.

Quoting Anonymous: Update

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)