Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Do you like hosting or traveling somewhere else for holidays?

Posted by on Nov. 26, 2013 at 10:37 AM
  • 12 Replies

I don't like hosting at all. It makes me so anxious and nervous. Luckily I don't have to host any time soon.

by on Nov. 26, 2013 at 10:37 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
lucy164
by Peggy on Nov. 26, 2013 at 11:00 AM
1 mom liked this

I don't like hosting either.  We always go to my sister-in-law's house.  All I have to do is bring a casserole.

elwalters77
by Erica on Nov. 26, 2013 at 11:40 AM
1 mom liked this

I enjoy hosting, but hate all the work and cleaning. LOL, so I guess I like traveling better. :)

captainjack
by Bronze Member on Nov. 26, 2013 at 11:41 AM

Yes

weakestchimp
by on Nov. 26, 2013 at 2:57 PM
i like cozy...safe...in our own little world now.
we did both for many years.
lyrick24
by Ruby Member on Nov. 26, 2013 at 3:07 PM
no hosting for me anymore. I have done it before but now I am too nervous. I like to travel though.
zboys
by Gold Member on Nov. 26, 2013 at 8:13 PM

Is neither an option?  lol  We are going to my sister's house, but neither she nor I want to see my parents there.  Oh, well.  Shame on me for even admitting that.

leahbeah143
by Leah on Nov. 26, 2013 at 8:37 PM

I don't mind hosting, but the last couple times my sister and I have planned everything out, then I end up doing everything alone, running around like a chicken without a head while everyone stand around the kitchen watching me. I'm kind of happy for it to be just me and dd

flowrsgalore
by Bronze Member on Nov. 27, 2013 at 12:22 PM

Last year we traveled. It was good, I wasn't in charge of anything, got to do a turkey trot in the morning then feast after. This year at my house, it's all good.

jazi1105
by Ruby Member on Nov. 27, 2013 at 2:57 PM
I like hosting to an extent...like if it's a small type of thing. I hate travelling though
Tracys2
by Gold Member on Nov. 28, 2013 at 11:12 AM

We always travel. I "hosted" once for my ex-boyfriend, and that was a TON of fun, but I can imagine it'd be a lot of pressure for a large group. The nly problem I have travelling is not contributing enough. I guess we contribute fruit and the gas it takes to travel the 500 miles roundtrip, and we take them out later, but I don't even have a kitchen and they make their own wine.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)