Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Depression Support Center Depression Support Center

Do you like hosting or traveling somewhere else for holidays?

Posted by on Nov. 26, 2013 at 10:37 AM
  • 12 Replies

I don't like hosting at all. It makes me so anxious and nervous. Luckily I don't have to host any time soon.

by on Nov. 26, 2013 at 10:37 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
lucy164
by Platinum Member on Nov. 26, 2013 at 11:00 AM
1 mom liked this

I don't like hosting either.  We always go to my sister-in-law's house.  All I have to do is bring a casserole.

elwalters77
by Erica on Nov. 26, 2013 at 11:40 AM
1 mom liked this

I enjoy hosting, but hate all the work and cleaning. LOL, so I guess I like traveling better. :)

captainjack
by Bronze Member on Nov. 26, 2013 at 11:41 AM

Yes

weakestchimp
by on Nov. 26, 2013 at 2:57 PM
i like cozy...safe...in our own little world now.
we did both for many years.
lyrick24
by Ruby Member on Nov. 26, 2013 at 3:07 PM
no hosting for me anymore. I have done it before but now I am too nervous. I like to travel though.
zboys
by Gold Member on Nov. 26, 2013 at 8:13 PM

Is neither an option?  lol  We are going to my sister's house, but neither she nor I want to see my parents there.  Oh, well.  Shame on me for even admitting that.

leahbeah143
by Leah on Nov. 26, 2013 at 8:37 PM

I don't mind hosting, but the last couple times my sister and I have planned everything out, then I end up doing everything alone, running around like a chicken without a head while everyone stand around the kitchen watching me. I'm kind of happy for it to be just me and dd

flowrsgalore
I feel like I'm sorta losing it, being a bitch. motivation where are you?
Wednesday at 4:23 PM
by Bronze Member on Nov. 27, 2013 at 12:22 PM

Last year we traveled. It was good, I wasn't in charge of anything, got to do a turkey trot in the morning then feast after. This year at my house, it's all good.

jazi1105
by Ruby Member on Nov. 27, 2013 at 2:57 PM
I like hosting to an extent...like if it's a small type of thing. I hate travelling though
Tracys2
by Gold Member on Nov. 28, 2013 at 11:12 AM

We always travel. I "hosted" once for my ex-boyfriend, and that was a TON of fun, but I can imagine it'd be a lot of pressure for a large group. The nly problem I have travelling is not contributing enough. I guess we contribute fruit and the gas it takes to travel the 500 miles roundtrip, and we take them out later, but I don't even have a kitchen and they make their own wine.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)