Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Depression Support Center Depression Support Center

Hope

Posted by on Nov. 27, 2013 at 7:32 AM
  • 17 Replies

Do you have any hope that you will be happy some day?

I always thought that I was hopeless and my mother assured me that I was indeed hopeless.

I have found that if you hang in there, never give up on finding the right combination of meds, listen to your doctor and/or therapist and read everything you can get your hands on about depression/anxiety/bipolar disorder or any other disorder that you are suffering from you can have hope.  I do these things with the glaring exception of eating right and exercising.

What do you feel about the hopelessness that comes with depression?

by on Nov. 27, 2013 at 7:32 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
weakestchimp
by on Nov. 27, 2013 at 8:26 AM
1 mom liked this
this is such a good question to think deeply about.
my feelings of hopelessness are brought on by a trigger...i am not always prepared to battle this in a logical way because the emotional side is in control.
i have learned that it's a process plus having kind people..such as yourself...maybe just a kind word...helps bring me out of that state.
when im back..i can keep doing all the things i know...keep me on track.
that feeling will return..like a monster. i have to be ready for the fight.
oh...i forgot about that happiness thing. i must say i believe happiness is a full feeling..& somehow i didn't get all that. i strived for it
sacrificed...i will settle now for just maintaining sanity & finish this life with compassion & kindness to others.
ZakkarysMom
by Bronze Member on Nov. 27, 2013 at 9:24 AM
2 moms liked this
I hope that one day I can be happy. Every day is such a struggle just to keep going.
gonecrazi
by Silver Member on Nov. 27, 2013 at 9:31 AM
1 mom liked this

I believe all of us can be happy. You just can't ever give up the fight for your happiness.

TattooMom20
by on Nov. 27, 2013 at 2:51 PM
1 mom liked this

No I have no hope for happiness anymore I have been miserable for a decade and just continue to exist I don't live life I exist 

luvmia
by Bronze Member on Nov. 27, 2013 at 4:54 PM

I have suffered so much over the years that I have come to the conclusion that it is not meant for me to be happy. I will always be without any family support and will always be the underdog.

luvmia
by Bronze Member on Nov. 27, 2013 at 5:08 PM
Hugs. I understand. I am just here until God sees fit for to take me away from here.
Quoting TattooMom20:

No I have no hope for happiness anymore I have been miserable for a decade and just continue to exist I don't live life I exist 

IandLoveandYou
by Member on Nov. 28, 2013 at 12:22 AM
1 mom liked this
I'm not sure.

I had never had an issue with depression quite as much as I do now. I did have issues in my early teen years, but my parents got me into therapy ASAP and after a year I was alright.

For years I was extremely happy. Effortlessly Happy in a way I remember, but don't think I will obtain ever again. I've been known always for being cheerful, a joy.. So it's just..difficult now because I feel awkward around people. Like they expect this happy girl they used to know, and I don't know how to act. I'm quieter and most of the time I just can't wait to get to wherever I can be alone again.

I list things that I should try that will make me feel better, but I am so indifferent and so..just ugh that I never fully follow through with any of them. So...sometimes I feel hopeless, because I don't know how to get myself to try harder.
leahbeah143
by Leah on Nov. 28, 2013 at 10:12 AM

I think about that a lot actually, whether I will ever be the "old" me. I honestly have no idea. 

Tracys2
by Gold Member on Nov. 28, 2013 at 11:23 AM

I am like this most of the time, but hope does insinuate itself in somehow, not for me maybe, but that something... that I'll get a job or my kids will be happy or whatever... there is hope, but I can't imagine myself being happy. It has been a long time. I have markers- thoughts, behaviours- of depression all through my life (at least the past 25 years), but some times have been better, I think I remember.

Mostly, I carry on and try to do my duty till I leave.

I know many, many people are helped or cured, and I'm OK not being one of those, if that is my lot. Kindness helps, so I try to be kind. I'm not sure I exist at all sometimes, but I just aim for duty and kindness.

Quoting luvmia:

Hugs. I understand. I am just here until God sees fit for to take me away from here.
Quoting TattooMom20:

lyrick24
by Ruby Member on Nov. 28, 2013 at 12:20 PM
2 moms liked this

I have felt hopeless many times but eventually we found the right meds and i got better. right now i am doing good.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)