• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I've had enough.

Posted by on Dec. 30, 2013 at 10:13 PM
  • 12 Replies
I tried calling my mother last Friday and she did not answer and she didnt bother in calling me back. When things dont go her way and we disagree on a matter (since she never admits when she is wrong and will scream over me in conversation), she does this whcih is very manipulative. So I am finally finished with dealing with her bs. I am just so tired of trying to make a relationship with her wuen she doesnt respect me and doesnt call to see how I am doing but when she wants something. 99% of the time, I have to call her. It is time I moved on with my life. She doesnt have the right to anymore of my time. Anybody have any words of encouragement and/or story to share about your mommy dearest?
by on Dec. 30, 2013 at 10:13 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Tracys2
by on Dec. 30, 2013 at 10:29 PM
1 mom liked this

Sorry... that must be awful. I'm pretty lucky, mother-wise, and she keeps my father mostly in line.

momwriter
by Silver Member on Dec. 30, 2013 at 10:34 PM
Sorry! I'm lucky when it comes to my mom. My abusive stepdad and mentally ill bio dads are another story...hopefully you have other family members to lean on?
bahamamama61
by Member on Dec. 31, 2013 at 2:16 AM
((Hugs))
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
happyolechimp
by Silver Member on Dec. 31, 2013 at 4:26 AM
1 mom liked this
me or my mother will die ...leave this earthly body wihout ever seeing one another again..
she lives 3 miles from my house....i can't tell the horrid things that she has done to me....
but i wanted her love so bad that i wasted a lifetime ....trying..
i can hardly type now...
lyrick24
by Group Admin on Dec. 31, 2013 at 5:22 AM
1 mom liked this

i think you are making the right decision. sounds like she is a toxic person. she is only bringing turmoil to your life and you dont need that. you need to move on with your life.

luvmia
by Silver Member on Dec. 31, 2013 at 7:19 AM
1 mom liked this
Hugs. I can relate. I hope God heals u of all ur pain.

Quoting happyolechimp: me or my mother will die ...leave this earthly body wihout ever seeing one another again..

she lives 3 miles from my house....i can't tell the horrid things that she has done to me....

but i wanted her love so bad that i wasted a lifetime ....trying..

i can hardly type now...
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Dec. 31, 2013 at 7:23 AM

I'm so sorry you have gone through this, but you are making the right choice to take care of YOU!

I was the oldest of four daughters.  When my mom was to have five by-pass surgery done, I knew where my place was - with her to support her through that rough time!  I didn't want to add to the stress, so I drove several hours through the night to the hospital to be with her.  Surgery went fine and I stayed until I could see her in the recovery room and make sure she was all right.  (I can't watch people put their contacts in, but saw her with all the tubes, etc.  My RN sister didn't go in the recovery room!)  Then I drove back home.  The next day her husband called me and said:  I was NEVER to visit without calling first, I was NEVER to bring my son to visit, AND that she didn't approve of my marriage of 18 years.  I just chalked this up to the stress of the surgery.  I said, "Fine!  I'll leave your alone."  After that we were estranged for 22 years until she died.  I wasn't even mentioned in her obituary.  I tried to reconcile with her, but she would have no part of it and forbade any family members to even mention my name.  Because of this, I love and support my children no matter what they say or do - even with prison and several abortions.

luvmia
by Silver Member on Dec. 31, 2013 at 7:24 AM
It is unfortunate about ur dads. I am just glad that you have a decent mother. I would have been nice if I had family members to lean on. My mom and her kids were always treated like the black sheep. A lot of sh** happened b4 I was born.

Quoting momwriter: Sorry! I'm lucky when it comes to my mom. My abusive stepdad and mentally ill bio dads are another story...hopefully you have other family members to lean on?
luvmia
by Silver Member on Dec. 31, 2013 at 7:30 AM
I just hope that I wont anger God for washing my hands of her. I believe and know that I did all I can do. I will pray.

Quoting lyrick24:

i think you are making the right decision. sounds like she is a toxic person. she is only bringing turmoil to your life and you dont need that. you need to move on with your life.

luvmia
by Silver Member on Dec. 31, 2013 at 7:36 AM
(Hugs). Well da**! smh. At a critical time like that u would think everyone would put their animosities to the side. I am glad that you are able to take ur experiences to make u a better and loving mom. I just hope ur kids appreciate u for it.

Quoting Anonymous:

I'm so sorry you have gone through this, but you are making the right choice to take care of YOU!

I was the oldest of four daughters.  When my mom was to have five by-pass surgery done, I knew where my place was - with her to support her through that rough time!  I didn't want to add to the stress, so I drove several hours through the night to the hospital to be with her.  Surgery went fine and I stayed until I could see her in the recovery room and make sure she was all right.  (I can't watch people put their contacts in, but saw her with all the tubes, etc.  My RN sister didn't go in the recovery room!)  Then I drove back home.  The next day her husband called me and said:  I was NEVER to visit without calling first, I was NEVER to bring my son to visit, AND that she didn't approve of my marriage of 18 years.  I just chalked this up to the stress of the surgery.  I said, "Fine!  I'll leave your alone."  After that we were estranged for 22 years until she died.  I wasn't even mentioned in her obituary.  I tried to reconcile with her, but she would have no part of it and forbade any family members to even mention my name.  Because of this, I love and support my children no matter what they say or do - even with prison and several abortions.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)