Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

HELP!!! Fighting for Custody of my youngest daughter

Posted by on Dec. 30, 2013 at 10:26 PM
  • 12 Replies

So, it's been almost 6 months since I've seen my youngest dd, Hannah. I really miss her and my evil MIL won't let me near her. I have parental rights to her. My MIL is just being stuck up. I have an open custody modification case... Anyone with ANY advice is greatly appriciated! Thanks and HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!

by on Dec. 30, 2013 at 10:26 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
blessedmommie07
by on Dec. 30, 2013 at 10:28 PM

Try the custody issues group

leahbeah143
by Leah on Dec. 31, 2013 at 11:14 AM

*hugs*

good luck!

lyrick24
by Group Admin on Dec. 31, 2013 at 11:41 AM
1 mom liked this

can you explain what an open custody modification is? if you have parental rights why dont you call the police?

Linagma03
by on Dec. 31, 2013 at 11:47 AM
My we has parental rights but has chosen to leave her kids for is to raise. We have no legal custody and can't get it either we've tried. She can come take the kids at any time and there is nothing we can do about it even if she when she has no place to live. Did you give her some sort of custody rights? All I can say is GOOD LUCK!
tsdaughe
by on Dec. 31, 2013 at 11:47 AM

grand parents have no parental right (in most states). If that is your child and she is refusing to let you see her, call the police. As far as custody modification, it sounds like your MIL has custody and you visitation but she isn't following it?

matreshka
by on Dec. 31, 2013 at 1:39 PM
1 mom liked this

Can't you just call the police take her if you have parental rights?

kaylasmomma757
by New Member on Dec. 31, 2013 at 5:10 PM

Quoting tsdaughe:

grand parents have no parental right (in most states). If that is your child and she is refusing to let you see her, call the police. As far as custody modification, it sounds like your MIL has custody and you visitation but she isn't following it?

This is EXACTLY what is going on. I've called the police, they won't do anything. They won't take her outta the house. 

lunyuny
by on Dec. 31, 2013 at 5:11 PM
Why has your dd been there so long?
tsdaughe
by on Dec. 31, 2013 at 5:25 PM
All I can recommend is getting an attorney or using legal aid to fight her in court and show that she isn't following a current custody order. Keep documenting all your attempts to see her and visit.

Quoting lunyuny: Why has your dd been there so long?
tsdaughe
by on Dec. 31, 2013 at 5:27 PM
All I can recommend is getting an attorney or using legal aid to fight her in court and show that she isn't following a current custody order. Keep documenting all your attempts to see her and visit.

Quoting kaylasmomma757:

Quoting tsdaughe:

This is EXACTLY what is going on. I've called the police, they won't do anything. They won't take her outta the house. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)