Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Help me better understand myself

Posted by on Jan. 8, 2014 at 8:05 AM
  • 15 Replies

I have seen several doctors about my mental issues.  This is some of my issues and if you can help me understand better that would be great.

I have ADD, Depression, Anxiety, and PSTD.  I was very witchy when I was younger, full of hate, anger, because of years of abuse.  The meds take the edge off my issues however they are never truely gone.  I have experience a lot of loss in the last five years as well as major medical issues.  

The doctors are not sure still what I have as far as mental issues but I do know I have  the ADD, depression, anxiety and PSTD.  

Thank you for your time and assistances in advance.

by on Jan. 8, 2014 at 8:05 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
zboys
by Gold Member on Jan. 8, 2014 at 8:15 AM

That's alot to handle in recent years and understandable that you would have been angry, etc. when you were younger.  How are you coping?

lucy164
by Peggy on Jan. 8, 2014 at 8:37 AM

Hi sunsweet and welcome to the group.  I have the same issues as you with bipolar II added.  I'm sorry about your major medical problems.  Those added to your emotional problems must be very hard to deal with.  Do you see a therapist to discuss all this with?  He/she could help a lot.  Keep posting and let us know how you are doing.

PurpleCupcake
by on Jan. 8, 2014 at 9:21 AM

What meds are you on? Sounds like they are not working well enough. 

It's weird that they don't have a diagnosis..

Do you have any other symptoms? 

Sunsweet2014
by on Jan. 8, 2014 at 9:41 AM

I bite my nails when I get really nervous.  I cannot focus if i do not have my ADD med.  I eat to much when I get the  anxietied bad.  I worry about the future and feel guilty about some of the things I have done.  I cannot go to sleep some night because my mind will not shut off.

Lexpro is the med and addreall for ADD.  Before the meds i would cry because i could not handle all the emotions.  Also before the meds I would have times that I wanted to take my life.  I was a basket case to say the least.  

does this help?   

Quoting PurpleCupcake:

Sunsweet2014
by on Jan. 8, 2014 at 9:44 AM

I have seen two or three therapist over the years.  They focus on my bad childhood.  I feel that this is has been taken care of because I think about it very little if at all today.  The anger is gone.  

Quoting lucy164:

Hi sunsweet and welcome to the group.  I have the same issues as you with bipolar II added.  I'm sorry about your major medical problems.  Those added to your emotional problems must be very hard to deal with.  Do you see a therapist to discuss all this with?  He/she could help a lot.  Keep posting and let us know how you are doing.

PurpleCupcake
by on Jan. 8, 2014 at 9:44 AM

Oh honey, your Just a little bipolar. 

All those are symptoms of bipolar...including not sleeping. I have to take meds to shut my brain down. 

Bipolar is not a terribly difficult diagnosis...I wonder why your docs have not figured it out..

P.s...I'm not a doctor myself! Please see a doc for a diagnosis. 

Quoting Sunsweet2014:

I bite my nails when I get really nervous.  I cannot focus if i do not have my ADD med.  I eat to much when I get the  anxietied bad.  I worry about the future and feel guilty about some of the things I have done.  I cannot go to sleep some night because my mind will not shut off.

Lexpro is the med and addreall for ADD.  Before the meds i would cry because i could not handle all the emotions.  Also before the meds I would have times that I wanted to take my life.  I was a basket case to say the least.  

does this help?   

Quoting PurpleCupcake:

Sunsweet2014
by on Jan. 8, 2014 at 9:49 AM

Coping? I was working full time, working on my master's and have a family to take care of to a point.  My husband finally told me that my health was more important than my job that he could not take how I was any more.  So, I quit in December,2013.  Its been a month now and I am just this week relaxing.  

Not sure I am really coping just enjoying being able to feel like i can handle life now.  

Quoting zboys:

That's alot to handle in recent years and understandable that you would have been angry, etc. when you were younger.  How are you coping?

Sunsweet2014
by on Jan. 8, 2014 at 9:52 AM

:) I know you are not a doctor.  I just want more insight to want is going on with me.  I have been like this most all my life.  Thank you for you insight.  Hugs!!

Quoting PurpleCupcake:

Oh honey, your Just a little bipolar. 

All those are symptoms of bipolar...including not sleeping. I have to take meds to shut my brain down. 

Bipolar is not a terribly difficult diagnosis...I wonder why your docs have not figured it out..

P.s...I'm not a doctor myself! Please see a doc for a diagnosis. 

Quoting Sunsweet2014:

does this help?   

Quoting PurpleCupcake:

lyrick24
by Group Admin on Jan. 8, 2014 at 10:17 AM

have you ever seen a therapist and tried to work through these emotions. i can understand your anger from when you were younger and your ptsd probably has to do with that.

Sunsweet2014
by on Jan. 8, 2014 at 10:22 AM

Yes, I have seen two or three therapist over the years.  Yes, the PTSD is most likely cause from my childhood.  It was once worse than what it is now.  

Quoting lyrick24:

have you ever seen a therapist and tried to work through these emotions. i can understand your anger from when you were younger and your ptsd probably has to do with that.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)