Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Depression Support Center Depression Support Center

too many issues

Posted by on Jan. 13, 2014 at 5:13 PM
  • 12 Replies
My water heater broke in Dec. The landlord wanted me to wait until the end of this month for him to come by to fix it. Then he offered to reduce my rent $100 less. Finally sent someone to install a new water heater and It isn't working either. A few days later he left me a letter on Thursday asking me to move out by tomorrow. My rent is paid for the month so unless he is planning to refund me my money, I'm not leaving but I guess by the end of the month I have to anyways.

My school just began and I swear it seems that every year I began with problems. My credit score is going up slowly, I'm at 618. Then I fever to out down so much money. I have a little left and I'm looking for a job with no luck.

I'm very stressed out. I don't have family to count on. They don't live here and I don't get along with them anyways.

My family is unsupportive. I only have my children. I even had a fallout with my oldest and he moved out. My mom and I had an argument over the weekend and bc she was out of a good argument she resorted to insults. Going as far as saying my oddest and my middle child don't want to live with me that's why they want to move out. My daughter can't bc of her age but as soon as she can, she will she said. I want expecting my dd to stay after graduating HS but I'm sure when she moved my mom will go back to that new argument that my dd did bc she was such if me.

I know we get along just fine.
by on Jan. 13, 2014 at 5:13 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
lucy164
by Peggy on Jan. 13, 2014 at 5:19 PM
1 mom liked this

simple frownI'm so sorry.  I hope it all gets straightened out.

flika
by Member on Jan. 13, 2014 at 5:41 PM
Thank you. I'm so stressed I didn't finish writing this post

Quoting lucy164:

simple frownI'm so sorry.  I hope it all gets straightened out.

lyrick24
by Ruby Member on Jan. 13, 2014 at 5:59 PM

im sorry things are going sour for you. your landlord cant make you move out because your water heater quit working. he has to give you a certain amt. of time to move. although i dont think i would want to stay there with no hot water heater. i hope you find a better place soon and life can get back to normal.

diaperstodating
by Bronze Member on Jan. 13, 2014 at 6:18 PM
1 mom liked this

hugs

gonecrazi
by Silver Member on Jan. 13, 2014 at 6:23 PM
1 mom liked this

(((HUGS)) hope get it all figured out.

flika
by Member on Jan. 13, 2014 at 6:31 PM
I've been wanting to move out for a long time now. This is a blessing in disguise for sure but the problem is the lack of time and money and time to look due to my classes. Finding a good Realtor is difficult too. I have a friend who is a Realtor but he isn't so good. Then I know a lady who is a raptor but she also takes her time and time I don't have.

I'm scared. This doesn't help how I feel daily

Quoting lyrick24:

im sorry things are going sour for you. your landlord cant make you move out because your water heater quit working. he has to give you a certain amt. of time to move. although i dont think i would want to stay there with no hot water heater. i hope you find a better place soon and life can get back to normal.

zboys
by Gold Member on Jan. 13, 2014 at 7:19 PM
1 mom liked this

I hope things get worked out soon.

flika
by Member on Jan. 13, 2014 at 7:26 PM
Thank you

Quoting zboys:

I hope things get worked out soon.

Basicrose
by on Jan. 13, 2014 at 7:42 PM
1 mom liked this

i think your landlord MUST give you a 30day notice on a month to month. I would definitely call Housing Authority in your area and find out your rights on the water heater because it could be considered "unlivable" for you to live there. (especially with children) You could also write your landlord a letter ... SEND IT CERIFIED WITH SIGNATURE (proof he received it) stating that you'll have it fixed, however, because this is your (the landlord) responsibility, I will live rent free until the balance is paid. Example...if it costs you $1400 to fix it and you pay $700/mo in rent...then you will live there, rent free for 2months. You could also go to the courts and ask that he be either made to fix it. Call an attorney and ask if this is possible. But most important...DOCUMENT DOCUMENT DOCUMENT everything/anything you do or try. It may come in handy later.

leila11
by Member on Jan. 13, 2014 at 7:44 PM
1 mom liked this

I can tell your feeling TERRIBLE right now honey.We have all been there too..Lots of wise women here who have been thru ALL sorts of shit....I just hope you get lots of sympathy love and direction....lots of love sweety poo

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)