Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Depression Support Center Depression Support Center

I feel like I am going to pop

Posted by on Jan. 13, 2014 at 7:41 PM
  • 12 Replies

So much has happen the last few weeks and I am so stressed and don't know what to do. My ds 17 graduated on Dec.21, 2013. So we decided that he needed to have some rules in order to live at home. They are very common sense rules, 1.take meds everyday, 2. get a job by Feb 1, 2014. 3. keep his hands off his little brother and curfew is 12midnight. He decided our run were not something he could live by, so he left. He went to his dad's for a few days, dad gave him 2 weeks to get a job. Right now he is staying with friends. The week of 12/30-1/3 we went to stay with inlaws I was misereable. I let ds 11 take his tablet. His cousin came over to play one day, they are the same age, they looked a pictures on girls in bikinis. They are 12 year old boys with hormones. Dh's sil got so upset she told dh's mom. I don't see the problem, they were clothed. I've just everything pent up inside. Not sure what to do. Help....

Ellen

by on Jan. 13, 2014 at 7:41 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
zboys
by Gold Member on Jan. 13, 2014 at 7:46 PM

Graduated high school?

gonecrazi
by Silver Member on Jan. 13, 2014 at 7:51 PM

Yes he passed his GED and the school had a ceremony for them.

lucy164
by Peggy on Jan. 14, 2014 at 7:56 AM

It's a very hard time when you are teenagers.  Some people say that it's the worst time in their lives.  Looking at girls in bikinis is not a very big deal for her to get upset about.  They are normal kids.  Your seventeen year old is just going to learn what is acceptable behavior and it's really hard for them sometimes.  I used to think to myself when my daughter was a teenager, that no one knows what hell is like if they have never lived with a teen.banging head into wall

lyrick24
by Ruby Member on Jan. 14, 2014 at 12:17 PM

kids that are 17 usually rebel against the rules but they  usually come crawling home. i had three that done it. but stick to your guns and dont back down. i think most 12 year olds are looking at girls with bikinis. i wouldnt be so shocked.

3kidz123
by on Jan. 14, 2014 at 12:54 PM

They sound normal to me. Your 17 year old is too young to be on his own and legally is still your responsibility so I would have grounded him, not kicked him out. Either way what's done is done, do you have a theripist to talk to about everything your going threw?

happyolechimp
by Silver Member on Jan. 14, 2014 at 3:59 PM
well..hun..all this sounds par for the course
..i used to wonder why....when we're young...we're so dumb....why not wise then...seems we'd fare better...
got my answer when kids were teens....
if God had made us wise when younger...
we'd never have replinished the earth.. =-O
leahbeah143
by Leah on Jan. 14, 2014 at 4:15 PM

man, I don't know how I am going to make it through the teenage years!! DD is 14 and I already feel like she's going to make me lose my mind.

jazi1105
by Ruby Member on Jan. 14, 2014 at 6:59 PM
1 mom liked this
It depends on the state. In CT, you can legally live on your own at the age of 16.

Quoting 3kidz123:

They sound normal to me. Your 17 year old is too young to be on his own and legally is still your responsibility so I would have grounded him, not kicked him out. Either way what's done is done, do you have a theripist to talk to about everything your going threw?

jazi1105
by Ruby Member on Jan. 14, 2014 at 7:00 PM
*hugs* sounds like a lot on your plate. try to take it easy though.
rhodaj
by rho on Jan. 14, 2014 at 7:08 PM

Your son is going to have to learn to live by rules.  No matter what he does he will always have to follow rules. So he will be back. You are lucky that your son was only looking and girls in bikinis at that age it is normaly worse.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)