Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Depression Support Center Depression Support Center

Kids with anxiety

Posted by on Jan. 13, 2014 at 11:58 PM
  • 6 Replies

I joined this group bc I have suffered from depression and anxiety most of my life, and now my 14 yr old dd is suffering from anxiety. I think hers seems worse sometimes than mine ever was. She has had fears most of her life but it seems worse now that she is a teenager. Does anyone else have kids with anxiety? And are there any good groups here on CM for me to meet other parents with kids who suffer from anxiety?

by on Jan. 13, 2014 at 11:58 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
PurpleCupcake
by on Jan. 14, 2014 at 4:01 AM

My dd had some of that...they have our genetics, teenage angst, and hormones. It's not easy for them.

So I pulled her out of public school and homeschool her and she is like a new person. 

But, she does have my genetics, so I'm on the look out for new signs and symptoms. 

There is a group for special needs children you might like. 

lyrick24
by Ruby Member on Jan. 14, 2014 at 12:19 PM

my daughter and my son both  had anxiety in their teenage years really bad but they grew out of it and now they are so calm.

ashleighmama
by Ashleigh on Jan. 14, 2014 at 12:56 PM

My 14 year old son is being treated for ADHD and anxiety. I don't know of any groups for you though.

momwriter
by Silver Member on Jan. 14, 2014 at 2:21 PM

My 16 year old son deals with bad anxiety. He has panic attacks; his heart races, he's short of breath and dizzy. I took him to a cardiologist, though, just to make sure his heart is ok. He has a monitor now. I've shared some of my experiences in the Moms with teens group.

leahbeah143
by Leah on Jan. 14, 2014 at 4:00 PM

she doesn't show signs of it yet, but believe me I worry! I hope and pray that she never has to deal with depression or anxiety!

jazi1105
by Ruby Member on Jan. 14, 2014 at 7:03 PM
I was 13 when I was diagnosed with severe anxiety, so I can relate. Group therapy helped me immensely. Maybe try to find a program for her? My 3 year old has hyperekplexia and has bad issues with anxiety as well, which can be hard sometimes
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)