Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Depression Support Center Depression Support Center

Im so down .....

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 7 Replies
Dh lost his job right before thanksgiving. We have to get back on food stamps. I never thought we would ever be back this low. I have been skipping meals just to make sure we have enough till we get our food stamp stuff. I feel myself resenting my husband. And I shouldn't. Its not his fault Find myself sleeping a lot lately. I lock myself in my room just to get away from it all. No point in this really, just need to get it off my chest.
Posted by Anonymous on Jan. 23, 2014 at 10:40 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
lucy164
by Platinum Member on Jan. 24, 2014 at 8:54 AM

So many families are suffering from job loss and money problems.  I am sorry that this is your situation right now.  But no one knows what is right around the corner.  You are isolating which is what depression thrives on.  Your husband is probably pretty depressed himself.  Make an effort to talk to a friend or family member or even clergy to vent and get someone else's thoughts and suggestions.  Please keep posting here and let us know how things are going for you.  Love and hugs and prayers to you.

lyrick24
by Ruby Member on Jan. 24, 2014 at 10:05 AM

sometimes we have toi go through rough times. try not to miss a meal even if you have to eat ramen. i have been in that position before and it is not fun. just know that better times are coming and be glad when  you get your food stamps. i hope you husband finds a job soon. it wont stay like this.

leahbeah143
by Leah on Jan. 24, 2014 at 12:01 PM

*hugs*

Seashell77
by Bronze Member on Jan. 24, 2014 at 12:29 PM

hugging

I'm sorry you and your family are going thru such hard times. Try to have a little somethng, even some soup when you aren't eating as much til the food stamps. I hope your dh will find a job and things will improve for you all real soon. You and dh need to give each other lots of hugs going thru these hard times. Hope you feel better

ashleighmama
by Ashleigh on Jan. 24, 2014 at 12:34 PM

I'm sorry, I feel your pain. My dh hasn't worked in a year, and it's getting pretty bad, I'm starting to get really angry at him.

newwifenmom
by Member on Jan. 24, 2014 at 9:45 PM

HUGS

zboys
by Gold Member on Jan. 26, 2014 at 2:26 AM

I'm so sorry things are rough right now.  I hope things improve soon.  Is your husband looking for work?

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)