Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Depression Support Center Depression Support Center

Feeling icky

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 6 Replies
It's hard to explain
I'm having terrible anxiety about anything and everything. I'm feeling hopeless not really depressed but hopeless
I want to talk to someone but not have to deal with them 1 on 1 (thank you cafemom ;])

Anybody have good coping skills or at least have an idea of what this feels like?
Posted by Anonymous on Jan. 24, 2014 at 12:15 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Jan. 24, 2014 at 12:16 AM
Or even a pep talk to try and help was my way out of this funk?
lyrick24
by Ruby Member on Jan. 24, 2014 at 10:08 AM

i understand anxiety. i have it. what i do when i start feeling it come on is take myself in my room and lay in front of a box fan blowing on me. t he air makes me breath better which in t urn helps my anxiety and  the sound calms me down. i usually take my comforter off  of my bed and get a pillow. i lay there until it passes no matter how long it takes.

lucy164
by Peggy on Jan. 24, 2014 at 10:44 AM

I can relate to your feelings of hopelessness and anxiety.  Remember that these feeling will not last.  One thing that I would suggest is to get out of your house and see people and talk about how you are feeling.  It's really good that you can talk to us on here too.  I have found that doing some activity or working on a craft project will calm me down.  Exercise would help a lot for anxiety.  Could you get a volunteer job?  I have one and I love it.  It gets me out of my own head and helping other people makes me feel good about myself.

happyolechimp
by Silver Member on Jan. 24, 2014 at 7:37 PM
i take nerve tonic and valerian root...plus...i talk to myself...calm myself in my mind and body...i don't make the days pressured with a "to do"
list...
i don't have to be productive..things can stay dirty too...so what... =-O
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Jan. 26, 2014 at 1:00 PM
Thank you ladies for the advice. I'm in my early 20s so any advice/experience is appreciated
cookigirl1
by on Jan. 26, 2014 at 1:03 PM

Be kind to yourself and be patient write  gratitude journel. Write nice tings about yourself too. you rockhave a nice daybowing downYour wonderful Hope this helps you

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)