Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Depression Support Center Depression Support Center

Depression starting to rear it's ugly head again

Posted by on Jan. 24, 2014 at 9:18 AM
  • 6 Replies

I can't figure out what's going on with me.  I have been depression free for years.  Nothing bad has happened to cause this that I can think of.  January has often been a bad month for me because of the deaths that happened in this month.  I recently had surgery and I don't know if that could be some of the reason.  Has anyone had surgery and felt depressed after it?  I'm getting this feeling that I would like to just stay in my house and avoid people but I know from experience that that is exactly what depression wants me to do so that it can completely take over me.  I will not let this happen.  I will go out everyday and see people even if it kills me.  Does anyone have any ideas or suggestions for me?  It would be greatly appreciated.  I will be seeing my psychiatrist in 10 days.

by on Jan. 24, 2014 at 9:18 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
lyrick24
by Ruby Member on Jan. 24, 2014 at 10:01 AM

let your dr know  how  you are feeling. it is good if you go ahead and get out. i  have to force myself to get out sometimes and i always feel better when i do. i think i have heard somewhere that after surgery that can happen because of the meds they give you. check with your dr and see.

happyolechimp
by Bronze Member on Jan. 24, 2014 at 7:05 PM
try not to put pressure on yourself to go out...see people...spend time with yourself...down time...
relish in it....that other time will come..rest up...
it's freezin winter...blowin...
;-) .only a week since surgery hun.. O:-)
newwifenmom
by Bronze Member on Jan. 24, 2014 at 9:26 PM

No suggestions but I hope it gets better soon. HUGS

zboys
by Gold Member on Jan. 26, 2014 at 2:10 AM

I hope you can still see your friends and that that helps you get over this.  HUGS feel better

AkashaGermaine
by Member on Jan. 26, 2014 at 3:34 PM
Yes! I had two knee surgeries, one in 1997 and one in 2005. Both times my depression got worse. The 1997 surgery actually triggered my going onto medication. I was told that the anesthesia can cause problems with brain chemistry and hormone production. Please talk with your doctor. I also have moderate social anxiety, have all my life, so some days I only leave the house to pick my dd up from school. I've been on meds since 1997, with a few "drug holidays" and have come to terms with the fact that I will always be on medication. Good luck.
leahbeah143
by Leah on Jan. 26, 2014 at 6:34 PM
Make sure your doctor knows what's going on, maybe they can make some suggestions. Hugs!
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)