Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Depression Support Center Depression Support Center

Sleep apnea

Posted by on Jan. 24, 2014 at 10:52 AM
  • 9 Replies

Does anyone have this?  Are you on a CPAP machine?  If so does it help you a lot?  I get 8 hours of sleep every night but by noontime I am so tired that I just sit in a chair til I go to bed again.  This repeats every day.

by on Jan. 24, 2014 at 10:52 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
SandyLaxner
by Bronze Member on Jan. 24, 2014 at 11:26 AM

I have been using a CPAP machine for 2 yrs.  It helped a lot.  Have you had a sleep study?

leahbeah143
by Leah on Jan. 24, 2014 at 11:55 AM

my dad has it and uses a cpap. sometimes I wonder if I have something going on because I sleep terribly and am exhausted all the time.

Saharra
by on Jan. 24, 2014 at 11:58 AM
My mom just got one and she sleeps soooo much better. She feels pretty good compared to what she was feeling. She's still not as active as I think she should be, but I know she's been stressed because they think she's having strokes. But she was doing really good until that started. :) We saw a big difference.
DysphoniaBec
by Member on Jan. 24, 2014 at 3:17 PM

DH and I have been using CPAP for seven years.  It has helped us both.  DH has COPD, CHF, etc., and was changed to a BPAP machine about this time last year.  Then they added oxygen to his BPAP.  BPAP means that they assist with your breathing both inhaling and exhaling.  I hope it helps you, too.  Good luck!

lyrick24
by Ruby Member on Jan. 25, 2014 at 11:30 AM

i have leep apnea and am on a cpap machine. i cant begin to tell you how much it helps! you have to get used to the machine first. have your dr order a sleep study. i went to a really nice place and had it done. it was made up like a nice bedroom.

lucy164
by Platinum Member on Jan. 25, 2014 at 1:46 PM
1 mom liked this

Thank you everybody.  I'm going to call my doctor on Monday for a sleep study.

lovegrandbaby
by Bronze Member on Jan. 25, 2014 at 3:48 PM

I have sleep apnea, but they said it was mild and I didn't need a CPAP machine  I also have thyroid issues that don't help the fact that I am always tired. DH uses a CPAP machine which helps him, and me- don't have to hear him snoring.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Jan. 25, 2014 at 3:56 PM
My DH has sleep apnea and uses a CPAP. Since he did, his sleep improved. Mine, however, has been destroyed. I now average less than four hours of sleep a night. I suffer from chronic migraines (7-10 a week) and depression due to disrupted sleep from his machine. It has not stopped his snoring, just stopped the apnea episodes, I have noise from snoring and the motor. He is very well rested.
fudgybuddymom
by Bronze Member on Jan. 26, 2014 at 9:50 AM

Yes I have sleep apnea & a cpap machine & it helps alot! If I take it off during the night(which I have done not knowing I've done it!)I don't sleep as well & am stuffy & head achy when I wake up. I ususally don't nap but I do know ppl who have had a cpap & take a nap using it & wake up refreshed! The key is to use the cpap machine but you usually need a sleep study first. Ask your MD to order one for you.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)