Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Depression Support Center Depression Support Center

I do not want to move...VENT **UPDATE**

Posted by on Jan. 24, 2014 at 9:42 PM
  • 11 Replies

This will be my 5th move in 5 years. I am so tired of moving. DH doesn't get it, he's like change is inevitable, etc. Or he says you are not doing the physical work, you can use the moving days to relax. But those are not the issues, I am comfortable. For the first time in a years I feel settled and comfortable in a home of my own. I love the area, my sick mom is a few doors away, I like my congregation and am making some friends, entertainment and shopping is good, we have space, we painted, I had plans for the half bath. Then we get notice end of November that rent is increasing more than $200 with renewal and with the car note its not doable.

The place we are moving to we are buying, its a good price but its in my old neighborhood, my memories there are not tragic or anything, some bad, some good but I just liked being somewhere new. To me going back there feels like regression, idk. I'm usually pretty accepting of change but this one is so hard for me and as time comes closer it gets worse. We move Tuesday.

So we finally moved, it'll be two weeks tomorrow. I love the renovations they did, especially the kitchen lol. We are slowly personalizing it. Its nice to be close to some old friends again. I think I'm adjusting well, focusing on the positives :)

by on Jan. 24, 2014 at 9:42 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
happyolechimp
by Silver Member on Jan. 25, 2014 at 6:20 AM
well...fight these feelings since it's happening...make your home....yours...next year at this time...you'll be settled..affording more...
now...you probably don't want to hear that...
but now...set the tone of it all..
very important...hun...hugs ;-)
lyrick24
by Ruby Member on Jan. 25, 2014 at 11:25 AM
1 mom liked this

try to make your new home as comfortable and cozy as you can. find a space just for you and decorate it with things that inspire you.

deltathree
by Gold Member on Jan. 25, 2014 at 12:49 PM

this & hugs.....

Quoting lyrick24:

try to make your new home as comfortable and cozy as you can. find a space just for you and decorate it with things that inspire you.

cookigirl1
by on Jan. 25, 2014 at 5:16 PM

it looks like your moving do to finacial reasonsand since you are familiar with the place byour moving to already try to make it work. i know how you feel cause i moved a lot.  i dont think your husband likes moving either hugs

Memere60
by Bronze Member on Jan. 26, 2014 at 3:43 PM

I wouldn't want to move either. An increase of $200 is a LOT of money. Too bad you can't afford it. The other ladies are probably right. 

Memere60
by Bronze Member on Jan. 26, 2014 at 3:50 PM

Me again. You will settle in, etc. moving is hard for me. I have lived in the same neighborhood for over 30 years! Sorry you have to go through this over and over. Just when you get your 'nest' the way you like it, with your mom and friends around you, it's time to uproot and do it all over again :(hugs

newwifenmom
by Bronze Member on Jan. 26, 2014 at 4:11 PM

Thanks Ladies. I do my best to adjust :)

leahbeah143
by Leah on Jan. 26, 2014 at 6:25 PM
Ugh moving is rough! I how that you can make your new place feel like home
happyolechimp
by Silver Member on Jan. 26, 2014 at 6:44 PM
i know you'll be busy...let us know later on and inbetween hun...life...it's so hard.. O:-)

Quoting newwifenmom:

Thanks Ladies. I do my best to adjust :)

24summer
by on Jan. 27, 2014 at 12:50 AM

Hope your moving day goes well on Tuesday.  Sorry that you have to leave a home you are enjoying.  May you find ways to make this home that will be yours for a while as cozy as the one you are in now.   Maybe ther will be new things about the neighborhood that you didnt' discover the first time,

Moving is hard.  May you find some unexpected joys in your new home. Shannon

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN