Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Depression Support Center Depression Support Center

getting married

Posted by on Jan. 28, 2014 at 12:47 PM
  • 12 Replies

well my bf and i desided that we want to get married and this is what i have wanted for the past 2 years we seem perfect for each other and i really think its going to work out i love him so much and we have been threw sooooooo much together we have had our ups and downs but thats normal in a relationship. we have one of them old fasion relationships and we want to get married at the court house well he does i kinda do but only cuz we dont have the money for a real wedding i want a real wedding and get married by my childhood paster but he is in ohio and i now live in GA so thats out and the wedding is in 74 daysim exsited to b married but i really want a real wedding. i havent told chris i want a real wedding tho but i dont want to stress him cuz he works sooooooooo hard and all day

by on Jan. 28, 2014 at 12:47 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
ashleighmama
by Ashleigh on Jan. 28, 2014 at 1:01 PM

Is it possible to have a really small "real" wedding? Maybe just family and a few really close friends.

lyrick24
by Ruby Member on Jan. 28, 2014 at 4:00 PM

i would share my feelings with him.  maybe your two can come to a compromise. like ashleigh says maybe you can get married by your pastor and have a few close friends and close family members, make it where no one has to dress formal and he feels like its not too fancy,. talk to him about it. where are you planning on getting married? in georgia? where have you two agreed to live. you say he works hard so that must  mean he has a job where he lives. are you ok with moving there if thats what youre going to do?

susan92
by on Jan. 30, 2014 at 12:50 PM

my paster lives in ohio and i live in georgiaso it will b really hard and on top of that he only has a licens to marrie in ohio :(

lucy164
by Peggy on Jan. 30, 2014 at 1:49 PM
2 moms liked this

The marriage is what counts not the wedding.

leahbeah143
by Leah on Jan. 30, 2014 at 4:24 PM

congrats :-)

MonarchMom22
by on Jan. 30, 2014 at 4:28 PM

What is a "real" wedding to you?  Do you want to be married in a church?  Or in front of family and friends?

If it is the lack of your paster being there, perhaps you could contact him and ask if he knows someone in your present area who is like-minded to officiate.  If it is family and friends, they can join you at the courthouse and you can have a celebration afterwards.

A wedding is one day, a marriage is for life.  Try to put your finger on what you need to feel comfortable on that day and so you can build your life together.

aehutmacher
by Member on Jan. 30, 2014 at 4:30 PM
If you can't communicate your desires now, how will it change after marriage? Take the plunge, honey!
susan92
by on Jan. 31, 2014 at 11:08 AM

we talk about everything together but this he has his heart set on the only other thing he wants more is a voltswagon lol dont ask

Quoting aehutmacher: If you can't communicate your desires now, how will it change after marriage? Take the plunge, honey!

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Jan. 31, 2014 at 4:02 PM

I got married at the courthouse, we invited a few people, we got dressed up and had a photographer and later had a special dinner party to celebrate our marriage. It's still a real wedding, and it won't leave you in debt. A fancy party means nothing, it's your love that defines your wedding day and your marriage.

See, doesn't look so bad, does it? We had fun, we made it special ourselves. Ignore how young we look, we got married very young lol

ETA: We talked about having a fancier vow renewal down the line if I felt like I missed out on the wedding experience, but I don't. What's important to be is loving the man I married and having a good home for our son to grow up in.

susan92
by on Jan. 31, 2014 at 4:27 PM

all the weddings iv ever seen from the court house have always been bland and " feelingless" but maybe i was looking at it wrong. yours looks so beautifull. i just want mine to feel like something special. like something iv never felt before. you no what i mean

Quoting Anonymous:

I got married at the courthouse, we invited a few people, we got dressed up and had a photographer and later had a special dinner party to celebrate our marriage. It's still a real wedding, and it won't leave you in debt. A fancy party means nothing, it's your love that defines your wedding day and your marriage.

See, doesn't look so bad, does it? We had fun, we made it special ourselves. Ignore how young we look, we got married very young lol

ETA: We talked about having a fancier vow renewal down the line if I felt like I missed out on the wedding experience, but I don't. What's important to be is loving the man I married and having a good home for our son to grow up in.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)