Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Depression Support Center Depression Support Center

I regret having children...

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 15 Replies
My dh wanted them. I knew I would struggle having them. It's a very terrible and horrible thing to acknowledge. I struggle immensely with this day to day. I take meds but the feeling never goes away. I am a horrible person. I just don't think this was meant for me. Bash away.
Posted by Anonymous on Jan. 29, 2014 at 6:01 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
rhodaj
by rho on Jan. 29, 2014 at 6:51 AM
1 mom liked this

Hun there is no bashing in this group. With having depression it is hard to have children. When they get older and can do things on there own and are in things you can enjoy with them you will enjoy them more.

Hugs Rho

reche1978
by on Jan. 29, 2014 at 6:56 AM

you need couciling how many kids do you have? Not everyone should have children.  Just take it one day at a time sounds like your overwhelmed

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jan. 29, 2014 at 7:01 AM
1 mom liked this

I agree with Rho.  Life gets easier when the kids get older and become more independent. I get depressed too but I try very hard not to let it affect my family.  I find that having a hobby brings up my mood.

lucy164
by Peggy on Jan. 29, 2014 at 9:08 AM

Quoting Anonymous:

I agree with Rho.  Life gets easier when the kids get older and become more independent. I get depressed too but I try very hard not to let it affect my family.  I find that having a hobby brings up my mood.

lyrick24
by Ruby Member on Jan. 29, 2014 at 2:06 PM

it gets easier as they get older. i felt like that when i was younger because there was so much stress on me. i was working forty hours a week at a fast paced job, keeping house, taking the kids to all of their sporting events and in general doing all the things that you have to do for kids. it wore me out. i ended up on disability. but nnow that my kids are grown, they still give me trouble in other ways but i dont have to stay up all night with them and dont have all the work to do.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jan. 29, 2014 at 2:17 PM
I just feel it stopped my life with my plans just to satisfy a man - my dh - I don't feel like I get a anything in return from him. It's not the kids themselves.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Jan. 29, 2014 at 2:20 PM
I understand. I never thought about having kids. EVER. Now I have 3. My husband wanted kids....I wanted to make him happy. I think when I was 24 and had my last baby I might have been ready then because I treat my youngest different....I love him more.

I have never admitted that before....to anyone.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jan. 29, 2014 at 2:25 PM
I think the same but had my last at 35 and I treat him differently too. It does make me sad because my first did nothing wrong. I just wasn't ready.
Quoting Anonymous: I understand. I never thought about having kids. EVER. Now I have 3. My husband wanted kids....I wanted to make him happy. I think when I was 24 and had my last baby I might have been ready then because I treat my youngest different....I love him more.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Jan. 29, 2014 at 2:27 PM
I completely get you. And I honestly am not sure it will change the older they get because my oldest is 11 and my feelings haven't changed yet.

Quoting Anonymous: I think the same but had my last at 35 and I treat him differently too. It does make me sad because my first did nothing wrong. I just wasn't ready.

Quoting Anonymous: I understand. I never thought about having kids. EVER. Now I have 3. My husband wanted kids....I wanted to make him happy. I think when I was 24 and had my last baby I might have been ready then because I treat my youngest different....I love him more.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Jan. 29, 2014 at 2:31 PM

I'm right there with you. I have one DD and am a horrible parent to her. I wasn't ready to have a kid. She was not planned. I love her but I'm just not close to her. I hate to admit it but I love my DH more then I love her. God I feel horrible for just typing that. It's not her fault and she did nothing wrong. I'm just not mother material and not very maternal. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)