Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Hello!

Posted by on Feb. 5, 2014 at 3:23 PM
  • 11 Replies

Hi, I'm new here.  *waves*  I'm Brandy, a 29-year-old happily married mommy of 3.  I'm no stranger to depression, I was diagnosed when I was 16.  I've been on many different meds, and tried therapy many times.  Looking forward to learning some new coping skills and making some friends who understand.

brandy <3 matt [12-12-12]
jordan michael [3-8-03]
alexis marie [12-3-07]
addison faith [12-3-07]

by on Feb. 5, 2014 at 3:23 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
matreshka
by on Feb. 5, 2014 at 3:23 PM

Welcome to the group!

lyrick24
by Group Admin on Feb. 5, 2014 at 3:25 PM

welcome to the group brandy. i am melissa and i also  have three kids and have been married for 28 years. im a little older than you! are you taking anything for depression right now and what is it? i have tried a lot of antidepressants too and im just about to give up on them. maybe you have tried something that i havent. what has worked for you?

mrsgresock
by on Feb. 5, 2014 at 3:34 PM

Right now, I'm on Celexa, Trazodone, and Seroquel XR.  (:

Quoting lyrick24:

welcome to the group brandy. i am melissa and i also  have three kids and have been married for 28 years. im a little older than you! are you taking anything for depression right now and what is it? i have tried a lot of antidepressants too and im just about to give up on them. maybe you have tried something that i havent. what has worked for you?

brandy <3 matt [12-12-12]
jordan michael [3-8-03]
alexis marie [12-3-07]
addison faith [12-3-07]

ashleighmama
by on Feb. 5, 2014 at 3:39 PM

Welcome to the group! I'm Ashleigh.

Tracys2
by on Feb. 5, 2014 at 7:33 PM

Hi- I'm older than you by 10+ years, but also have 3 kids about the ages of yours and have been depressed since I was about 17 on and off. Hope you stick around and share your wisdom.

leahbeah143
by Leah on Feb. 5, 2014 at 8:24 PM

welcome to the group!

ancasy26
by on Feb. 5, 2014 at 11:22 PM

Hi Brandy :) I'm Amand and I am new here too. I am almost 35, birthday is the 26th, and I have a 7 year old son. I was diagnosed when I was 23. I feel like a guinee pig lol I have been on a few different meds. What I'm on now though seems to work. I am on Cymalta, Ativan and Trazadone.

rhodaj
by rho on Feb. 6, 2014 at 4:56 AM

Hi Brandy, I'm Rho. Welcome to the group. You have a beautiful family

lyrick24
by Group Admin on Feb. 6, 2014 at 9:35 AM

Quoting mrsgresock:

Right now, I'm on Celexa, Trazodone, and Seroquel XR.  (:

Quoting lyrick24:

i am thinking about trying seroquel as long as i can take it with my hx of kidney failure. does it make you sleepy?

SpiritFortress
by on Feb. 6, 2014 at 9:36 AM

Hello and Welcome! 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)