Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Co-Dependent Issues

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 11 Replies

Hi!  I'm new to this group and I suffer from anxiety and depression.   I recently went through a break up with a guy I was dating for 2 1/2 years.  I've been through this terrible cycle before.  The depression and anxiety are unbearable sometimes.  Does anyone else feel like this.

Posted by Anonymous on Feb. 5, 2014 at 4:44 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Feb. 5, 2014 at 4:46 PM
I am going through something similar. I haven't filed my divorce papers yet. Even though I'm so unhappy i feel looks i can't live without him. He doesn't want me to go because he too feels like he needs me. We rely on each other even though our relationship is toxic
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Feb. 5, 2014 at 4:58 PM

Yeah he did live with me but I made him leave on the 4th of January and since then I have been so sad.  Last week I was in the ER with a panic attack missed work for 3 days.  Then he called and came over last night now I'm back to the same old sadness and anxiety about what his is doing.  I understand the divorce thing too because I left my husband 6 yrs ago after being together since teen agers for 20 yrs.  We were so co-dependent on each other that hit me hard too.  Now I feel the same with this relationship.  Just feel like I am never happy.  Ughhhhhh

matreshka
by on Feb. 5, 2014 at 6:21 PM
1 mom liked this
I had a codependent relationship. I moved back home to break it off completely. after therapy for it and being alone I broke the cycle and ultimately met my husband. we have our normal ups and downs but it is a healthy relationship.
I would seek out a therapist who can help you with your self esteem and identify codependent behaviors so you can break them and find the love you deserve
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
leahbeah143
by Leah on Feb. 5, 2014 at 6:21 PM

sure do! break ups are hard  :-(

nicole08106
by on Feb. 5, 2014 at 6:38 PM

I'm with you! I got divorced two years ago and am STILL depressed over it. ((hugs))

LittleFootMommy
by on Feb. 6, 2014 at 6:13 AM
I've always been somewhat codependent, but pregnancy has made it somewhat acute. I cry when he leaves for work and get ready upset when he gets home any later than I think he did be home; no matter the reason! I feel awful about it, but it never changes.
rhodaj
by rho on Feb. 6, 2014 at 6:18 AM

I'm sorry you are feeling so bad. Have you been to see a dr? or do you see a therapist. So you have a non bias person to talk to.

lucy164
by Peggy on Feb. 6, 2014 at 10:34 AM
1 mom liked this

I'm sorry that you feel so depressed.  There may be someone wonderful who will come into your life.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Feb. 6, 2014 at 10:51 AM

Thanks everyone yes I am in therapy now and I read a really good co-dependent book that I have.  I never really learned good coping skills from my last therapist so I'm trying a new one.  I am on meds too so it helps.  But I hang on I'm trying to hang on only a little but we keep talking and so I have hope of us getting back together even though I know that he isn't good for me.  Ughhh

Serenity7
by on Feb. 6, 2014 at 1:31 PM

Welcome to the group

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)