Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I thought I was doing ok

Posted by on Feb. 14, 2014 at 7:07 AM
  • 14 Replies
But my anxiety attacks are returning. Does this never end?
by on Feb. 14, 2014 at 7:07 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
matreshka
by on Feb. 14, 2014 at 7:21 AM

Have you tried natural ways to control oyour anxiety attacks? I posted an article with some tips. Maybe some of those would help you.

KyahZia
by on Feb. 14, 2014 at 7:26 AM
I did read it, thank you. I try breathing and distraction like listening to music but it just seems so hard to do at the time. Most times breathing is the only thing I can manage.
lucy164
by Peggy on Feb. 14, 2014 at 7:56 AM

The only thing I can tell you is that they do end.  I thought that mine would never end but they did.

momwriter
by Silver Member on Feb. 14, 2014 at 9:06 AM

You're not alone...my anxiety gave me a restless night's sleep last night.

lyrick24
by Group Admin on Feb. 14, 2014 at 10:21 AM
Are you taking something for the attacks? If you are,you might need an increase. If you are not taking anything you need to get on something.
3kidz123
by on Feb. 14, 2014 at 10:40 AM

You have to practice...it takes time for it to get easier :)

Quoting KyahZia: I did read it, thank you. I try breathing and distraction like listening to music but it just seems so hard to do at the time. Most times breathing is the only thing I can manage.

3kidz123
by on Feb. 14, 2014 at 10:41 AM

Have you tried yoga, meditation, essental oils, calming teas and or supplements?

KyahZia
by on Feb. 14, 2014 at 2:05 PM
Yeah I have the highest dose in valium and a relaxant in my anti depressants which I take both everyday regardless. I just wish I didn't have to take so much medication and then more if I have an attack. I'm just really frustrated and fed up.
Quoting lyrick24: Are you taking something for the attacks? If you are,you might need an increase. If you are not taking anything you need to get on something.
KyahZia
by on Feb. 14, 2014 at 2:09 PM
I have tried all those ideas but it doesn't seem to do much with my kind of depression/anxiety. I've also suffered from this for 20 yrs so it makes it hard.
Quoting 3kidz123:

Have you tried yoga, meditation, essental oils, calming teas and or supplements?

rhodaj
by rho on Feb. 14, 2014 at 3:45 PM

Mine will give up for a little while then it hits me full force again. I just go back to doing what I had been doing. With the breathing and yoga and all that. I do have panic/anxiety attacks bad and take meds for it but when thoughs meds seem not to work for a few days I pay hell for it

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)