Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Please help me

Posted by on Feb. 22, 2014 at 1:10 PM
  • 12 Replies
I posted this before but i really haven't gotten better... If anyone has experienced postpartum depression and anxiety OCD please tell me your story... Please tell me it gets better... I'm so scared :( I have horrible thoughts of my baby and I don't want them. This isn't me I have always had a huge heart and cared so much why am I feeling this was I don't understand :/
by on Feb. 22, 2014 at 1:10 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
matreshka
by Ruby Member on Feb. 22, 2014 at 1:40 PM
I haven't had those problems but get help immediately from a psych doc or therapist. things can get better.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
melissac9903
by New Member on Feb. 22, 2014 at 1:48 PM
1 mom liked this

I had postpartum depression with my last child, he is now 5. It started a few days after being home...I didnt want to hold him, touch him...and I never had felt like that towards one of my children before. I have 5 children.. now prego again..scared it might happen again. I did go and get help meds and therapy... it didnt last too long for me, everyone is different. Have you talked to a doctor? Talking about it is the first step...if u feel overwhelmed have someone care for your baby...I could not be left alone with mine til I knew for sure I wouldnt hurt him. Sounds crazy that I thought about hurting my baby, but its hormones and so much going on. You can talk to me anytime....

lucy164
by Peggy on Feb. 22, 2014 at 1:52 PM

Quoting matreshka: I haven't had those problems but get help immediately from a psych doc or therapist. things can get better.

ashleynicole199
by Member on Feb. 22, 2014 at 2:14 PM
I have gotten help been to different doctors and therapist. I just have never had any problems like this before. I have always been happy and loving and I am really scared I don't understand. I have been put on seroquel and paxil for two months now I just want to get better
lyrick24
by Ruby Member on Feb. 22, 2014 at 2:51 PM
I had pad with psychosis with my first. I didn't take anything for it because I didn't know how to get help. It lasted for about six months. It was horrible.
srltb143
by Bronze Member on Feb. 22, 2014 at 3:28 PM

Never had ppd, but would like to say that I am proud of you for reaching out to people and for trying to get help.  I know ppd makes a lot of women feel like they are bad moms, but you should know that reaching out like you are doing makes you a great mom, an amazingly strong woman, and shows how much you love your baby.  I am sorry that you are having to suffer from this, I can only try to imagine how hard it is for you.  Things WILL get better!

momwriter
by Bronze Member on Feb. 22, 2014 at 6:39 PM

I went into a depression when my last was about 18 months old; I hadn't experienced this at any time with my first 2 kids. I felt like I wished I'd never had him; I wasn't myself. I sought help and still deal with depression (he's 5 now) but am much better. Please see a doctor.

JuliaChilds
by New Member on Feb. 22, 2014 at 8:30 PM
I can't stress this enough, make an appointment with you doctor right now. You're not a bad person or mother. In fact, you are stronger than most simply by being open about your feelings. It's a hormone or chemical thing which you need medication to stabilize. After a couple days on the meds I already felt better.
mbart
by New Member on Feb. 22, 2014 at 8:34 PM

Hi,

It does get better. The best thing you can do is keep reaching out to others. It is not your fault and yes it does go away. Did you have depression before the baby? I ask because it is more common in those who have or do suffer with depression. You just went through a lot of changes with your body when you have a child and your life has changed so dramatically as well. I pray that your depression will turn to joy and that it ends very soon.

Eat good, be good to yourself & get plenty of rest.

MARY

Serenity7
by Silver Member on Feb. 23, 2014 at 11:43 AM

(((((((((((((Hugs)))))))))))

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)