Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Depression Support Center Depression Support Center

new here

Posted by on Feb. 23, 2014 at 2:17 PM
  • 9 Replies

I am a 60 year old mother of four adopted grown children, suffering from depression and empty nest syndrome. Our youngest son, age 23, is very very mentally ill and a severe challenge. I am at the point where I am having trouble just coping with anything and everything. I work full time as a teacher (something I am very good at and proud of) and am married to my sweetheart of almost 30 years. Right now, I just can't get it together. I am on meds for despression and I am going to start seeing my counselor again after two years. The stress from our son has driven me over the ledge. He recently moved to another state but still calls daily. I don't know if any of this makes sense. I just know I am at the end of my rope and I am having difficulty finding the knot to hold on to. Can anyone relate? Am I in the right group?

by on Feb. 23, 2014 at 2:17 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
gonecrazi
by Silver Member on Feb. 23, 2014 at 2:33 PM

You are in the right place. I have a son who is grown and lives in another state who I worry about alot. Welcome to the group.

leahbeah143
by Leah on Feb. 23, 2014 at 2:55 PM
Welcome! You are in the right place!
ashleighmama
by Ashleigh on Feb. 23, 2014 at 3:46 PM

Welcome, I'm Ashleigh.

lucy164
by Peggy on Feb. 23, 2014 at 6:14 PM

Welcome

matreshka
by Ruby Member on Feb. 23, 2014 at 7:17 PM
welcome to the group. you are in the right place. is your son seeking professional help?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
zboys
by Gold Member on Feb. 23, 2014 at 11:12 PM

Welcome, Robin!  You're in the right place.  I have two brothers who are in the same condition as your son.  NAMI has a support group for family members of people with mental illness.  If it were me, I'd look into that.

SpiritFortress
by Bronze Member on Feb. 24, 2014 at 12:50 PM

Welcome! You're in the right group. :)

I'm dealing with empty nest syndrome as well so I can relate to some of the feelings that go along with that. It's nice to have you join our group. 

Mackiesgg
by Bronze Member on Feb. 24, 2014 at 4:06 PM

giving_flowershugsYou are in the right place. We all come together to support each other.

Seashell77
by Bronze Member on Feb. 24, 2014 at 4:20 PM

Welcome ! You make sense and this group is full of nice people who are caring. We all help one another, being supportive and understanding. I don't have a special needs child, but I am going through empty nest right now too.  I understand a lot of what you are going through and sending you lots of hugs

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)