Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Depression Support Center Depression Support Center

Anger issues with depression..

Posted by on Feb. 28, 2014 at 1:19 AM
  • 14 Replies

Does anyone else have explosive anger issues with their depression?  I am easily quick to anger with a violent temper.  I hate myself for it and I hate showing my temper in front of my 2 and 3yo.  I don't want them to learn that it's ok to lose your temper.  I have just started seeing a therapist and she said there are things we can do to work on it.  In the meantime, I'd like to know that I'm not alone with this.

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

by on Feb. 28, 2014 at 1:19 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
lyrick24
by Ruby Member on Feb. 28, 2014 at 1:59 AM

i dont have anger with my depression but with my anxiety. the more anxious i am the more im likely to explode,

lucy164
by Peggy on Feb. 28, 2014 at 8:09 AM
1 mom liked this

Why the skull and crossbones?  Your therapist may send you to an anger management therapy group.

momwriter
Do not go where the path may lead; instead go where there is no path and leave a trail,,,Ralph Waldo Emerson
Today at 10:00 AM
by Silver Member on Feb. 28, 2014 at 8:47 AM

Occasionally I get very angry and snap on my husband. It happened just a week ago...you're not alone.

ZakkarysMom
by Bronze Member on Feb. 28, 2014 at 8:49 AM
Yes I do get angry a lot. I have borderline personality disorder, so I have a difficult time regulating my emotions.
mama_church
by on Feb. 28, 2014 at 11:46 AM
1 mom liked this

I go through the same thing. I worry that they will think that this is the norm, and it is not.

Serenity7
by Silver Member on Feb. 28, 2014 at 2:51 PM
1 mom liked this

I use to have anger with my depression.But not anymore. I went to a treatment program. That help me a lot

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Feb. 28, 2014 at 2:58 PM
If you find something that works, let us know. I do, and my son does also. His is made worse by his pddnos (autism spectrum, prone to no impulse control).
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Feb. 28, 2014 at 3:24 PM

I do, you're definitely not alone.  About a month ago I was really down and got really angry over nothing and threw my coffee cup at our brand new t.v.  It broke and I am so upset with myself.  I hope it gets better.  Let me know.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Feb. 28, 2014 at 5:53 PM

you are not alone in this...I am very high-strung and sometimes raise my voice when my boyfriend says something or asks a question..which he hates when i raise my voice....but my parents also did this when I was growing up and living them til 2010. one would ask a question and other would raise their voice and then they both would start yelling. and I know I got it from my parents...cause seen my parents do this...they still do it.....like during christmas dinner my dad accidently knocked over a plant my mom had by her patio door in their new house they bought that was built before they moved in...my mom got pissed off about it and had that angry sigh and my dad tried to help her clean it up and she is like I will do it myself in a rude tone and such......so I think that is called having a short-temper? I do this too though.......and I feel bad doing this to my daughter...with me being high-strung stuff that my daughter does irritates me and frustrates me and I try so hard to ignore her tantrums......I try to laugh at some of her tantrums cause sometimes there is no reason for her tantrums....I was taking anti-depressants that did help with that though. it made me mellow and not so high-strung....but I don't take them anymore after running out.....and never got back to the doctor...I really dont want to be medded up on pills......I would rather find other ways to help with my depression and temper.

Mackiesgg
by on Feb. 28, 2014 at 7:51 PM

I have better control over my anger than the rest of my father's family. When I do get mad it is usually instantly and I hate that.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN