Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Depression Support Center Depression Support Center

His grandma dies and all hell breaks loose

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 11 Replies
We were doing great. Communicating better. Not arguing. And now for the last 2 or 3 days he has done nothing but yell at me for nothing. I am so tired of hurting. I am so tired of everything being on me. Im tired of all the responsibility being on me. Im tired of trying to be both parents. Im tired of being the strong one yet on the inside im crumbling and nobody sees it. I need a break from life. From my husband, kids, job. Im tired of getting things in the right direction just to get knocked down harder than where I just came from. When does it ever end? Will I eve6 find me again? Im a wife. Im a mother. Im a daughter. I'm a friend. But who am I? Where do I find me again?
Posted by Anonymous on Mar. 11, 2014 at 8:08 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
KRIZZ25
I DONT EXPECT PERFECTION FROM ANY ONE..BUT I DO EXPECT RESPECT .
Today at 1:42 AM
by Bronze Member on Mar. 11, 2014 at 8:09 PM
u need to remove what is holding u down..if he is making u feel bad tell him or get away from him,.only u can change ur life.
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Mar. 11, 2014 at 8:12 PM
1 mom liked this
I have no where to go to get away. Im sitting in my car right now just so I could get a break and think with a clear head.

Quoting KRIZZ25: u need to remove what is holding u down..if he is making u feel bad tell him or get away from him,.only u can change ur life.
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Mar. 11, 2014 at 9:23 PM
I hear u.sounds like a lot.ur not alone.sometimes life's just a bitch and do disappointing.just survive.try make room for urself to get breaks..but we are here for u..people on this forum can b so lovely and understanding.its nice to think u can get away but u have responsibilities! Getting away just seems soooo nineties to me.. Xxxxx

Quoting Anonymous: I have no where to go to get away. Im sitting in my car right now just so I could get a break and think with a clear head.

Quoting KRIZZ25: u need to remove what is holding u down..if he is making u feel bad tell him or get away from him,.only u can change ur life.
lyrick24
by Ruby Member on Mar. 12, 2014 at 3:39 AM
1 mom liked this

you definately need a break. it may not be able to be but for short periods at a time. let your so watch the kids and you get out and pamper yourself one day. it is important to take care of you also. go get a manicure or a pedicure. take the day to yourself.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Mar. 12, 2014 at 6:00 AM

Take some time to find out who you are.

fudgybuddymom
by Bronze Member on Mar. 12, 2014 at 7:28 AM

I have been where you are when you say "Who am I" and been in that place of depression where it feels like no one knows what is happening to you. You keep one foot in front of the other & keep going,change what you can change. Talk with your husband & ask him why he is so angry now. Were he & his grandmother close? Get away for the day do what you enjoyed ie shopping,eating out etc previous to this. As far as finding "me" again,for me it took saying goodbye to my nursing career of 30+ years & beginning again & I have never been happier-I laugh more & am more easy going. I am not suggesting you quit your job or leave your husband but try to find out what it is that may be holding you back from being yourself.

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Mar. 12, 2014 at 1:20 PM
Im pretty sure my job has something to do with it. My h7sband is on meds and going to counseling but it doesn't always help

Quoting fudgybuddymom:

I have been where you are when you say "Who am I" and been in that place of depression where it feels like no one knows what is happening to you. You keep one foot in front of the other & keep going,change what you can change. Talk with your husband & ask him why he is so angry now. Were he & his grandmother close? Get away for the day do what you enjoyed ie shopping,eating out etc previous to this. As far as finding "me" again,for me it took saying goodbye to my nursing career of 30+ years & beginning again & I have never been happier-I laugh more & am more easy going. I am not suggesting you quit your job or leave your husband but try to find out what it is that may be holding you back from being yourself.

lucy164
by Platinum Member on Mar. 12, 2014 at 2:17 PM
1 mom liked this

Maybe it's his way of grieving.  It is not fair to you at all.  I can see how you wonder who you are.  You're always doing for other people but not enough for yourself.  Maybe you could find a hobby or swim at a local YMCA.  Doing things nice for yourself will find you.huggingConsider yourself hugged.

TAG9lbs
by Member on Mar. 12, 2014 at 11:12 PM

One treatment technique I heard of for those financially strapped is to get a notebook and writing utensil. 

Wake up an extra hour every morning spend 45 min of that hour getting ready dress to impress. Then for the remaining 15 min write what ever is on your mind fears, hopes, dreams, or maybe a funny story you remember. 

I know when I did this I was surprised by the different reactions I got from those around me when I put in the extra effort to curl or braid my hair in the morning. I forced myself through it for a week. Then after a week of not doing it I decided I liked the reactions so much I did it for a month. Then I stopped now I feel more confident in myself.

Mackiesgg
by Bronze Member on Mar. 13, 2014 at 11:02 AM

Maybe counseling "alone" for you could help. At least it will get you a short break.

Quoting Anonymous: Im pretty sure my job has something to do with it. My h7sband is on meds and going to counseling but it doesn't always help
Quoting fudgybuddymom:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)