Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Depression Support Center Depression Support Center

help!! i do not know what to do

Posted by on Mar. 12, 2014 at 1:23 AM
  • 9 Replies

I have 3 wonderful children that live with me and my husband works at night so he sleeps during the day.  I home school have been for about 4 years now, I also go to college and take care of two disabled and elderly couples one my parents the other my neighbors.  The problem i have is for the last 5 months or so i have been sleeping about 18 hours a day.   My 12 year old has taken on most of the cooking and schooling for his younger two siblings.  I am going to have a sleep study done to see if i am not sleeping well at night but I think i sleep fine.   I used to only sleep 4 or 5 hours a day for most of my life.  I go so much stuff done, but now nothing is getting done it is not helping my depression at all.  What is wrong with me

by on Mar. 12, 2014 at 1:23 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
lyrick24
by Ruby Member on Mar. 12, 2014 at 3:36 AM

you need to have  your blood levels checked. you could have low blood.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Mar. 12, 2014 at 6:03 AM

Sleeping more is due to depression. Try to get up and cook or help with the schooling of the your two younger children. 

momwriter
by Silver Member on Mar. 12, 2014 at 9:02 AM

Some days I feel like I can sleep all day due to depression. But still, you should probably get bloodwork done to be safe.

leahbeah143
by Leah on Mar. 12, 2014 at 12:23 PM

I wish I could sleep more- lately I can't seem to sleep more than 3-4 hours at a time.

lucy164
by Platinum Member on Mar. 12, 2014 at 2:07 PM
1 mom liked this

Depression and insomnia very often go together.  My doctor prescribed Trazdone for sleep.  It really works for me.  It is not addictive, it's really classified as an antidepressant.  It's not too great an antidepressant, but it is great for sleeping.

SandyLaxner
by Bronze Member on Mar. 12, 2014 at 9:59 PM

Get a complete physical,hun.  It could be so many things.  My depression and anxiety exhaust me,I could sleep 18hours a day too.  I use it as my "escape".  I also agree on the sleep study.  I never knew i snored but felt exhausted every day.  Sleep study showed I was stopping breathing a lot and waking myself up,therefore never getting deep sleep.  Now I wear a CPAP mask and sleep great:)

KyahZia
by Member on Mar. 13, 2014 at 2:16 AM
Overloaded and therefore depressed.
Mackiesgg
by Bronze Member on Mar. 13, 2014 at 10:55 AM

welcomeA sleep study might a great thing. When they did mine they found out that I have sleep apnea now. I woke over 200 tomes during the 5 1/2-6 hours I slept under their care. I wear a c-pap machine now and it relly helps me when I sleep.

Serenity7
by Silver Member on Mar. 13, 2014 at 2:12 PM

You might want to see a doctor

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)