Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

setteling

Posted by on Mar. 12, 2014 at 3:44 AM
  • 7 Replies

after being on medication for so long in my life i feel like i am just setteling for what i can get. nothing is lifting my mood anymore so i just accept how i am. do you feel like you are just setteling?

by on Mar. 12, 2014 at 3:44 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
zoo3877
by Member on Mar. 12, 2014 at 8:01 AM
1 mom liked this
I am deliberately doing to this just to give myself a rest. I was always fixing my kids problems, fix my bad traits, change things for the better...not so successfully, mind you. I had to stop. Its time to re-examine myself, what needs to be put in God's hands, what I need to just accept.... In other words, don't look at this spell as permanent. It is not settling that you can only do far less than what you had hoped. It's time to re-evaluate your priorities, goals, & which ones you can tackle. Feel relief that this is a time for rest, healing, & evolving.
gonecrazi
by Silver Member on Mar. 12, 2014 at 8:49 AM

All the time...

leahbeah143
by Leah on Mar. 12, 2014 at 12:23 PM

sometimes yes.

fudgybuddymom
by on Mar. 12, 2014 at 1:26 PM

Not anymore,my meds keep me on an even keel & I laugh much more since I left my nursing career bheind me.

lucy164
by Peggy on Mar. 12, 2014 at 2:01 PM

No because I'm on a good combination of meds.  Before when I had my last bad depression, I would never settle or except the way I was feeling.  I was determined to find something to help me.  I even tried ect which was useless.  The meds I'm on now work.  However if it stops working I think I'm out of options.  I keep looking up to see if there are any any new antidepressants.  There are a few on the horizon but I think they have a lot more testing to do.  Did you ever take the supplement called SAM e?  It is a natural mood booster and it helps me.  Don't give up.  Ask God for help.  ( hugs )

Mackiesgg
by on Mar. 13, 2014 at 11:19 AM

I did but now that I make myself get out of the house at least once a week I am feeling better.

Serenity7
by on Mar. 13, 2014 at 2:14 PM

No

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)